Corn Chips

General Information

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

Danotron
Intermediate Member

Re: Corn Chips

Post by Danotron »

cjj wrote:
melibreits wrote:LOL.... Great nutrition!

According to my husband the four food groups are salt, sugar, grease, and caffeine. :shock:

I think the fifth should be alcohol. :lol:
Well, alcohol kind of falls into the sugar group. As my wife says, she doesn't like sweets, she prefers her sugar fermented...
:lol: :lol: :roll:

See CJ, now I always thought alcohol came from grains. I've seen ingredients on Vodka bottles as coming from grains or even Potato's (back to the vegetable thing), beer commercials are always talking about barley and hops, and Ale's often reference wheat, etc.

And Wine can certainly be considered a fruit as it comes from Grapes...............right?

Lastly, although even I won't try to pass off pork as being a fruit, vegetable, grain, or dairy product, everyone knows bacon makes everything taste better :mrgreen:
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Danotron wrote: everyone knows bacon makes everything taste better :mrgreen:
It's even getting put together with chocolate now!
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
melibreits

Post by melibreits »

jps wrote:What are those things that look like a cross between Oreos and Girl Scout Thin Mints?
Dessert??? :mrgreen:

Mmmmm.... bacon and pork sausage! Those qualify as part of the "grease" food group! :lol:
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Danotron wrote:
cjj wrote:
melibreits wrote:LOL.... Great nutrition!

According to my husband the four food groups are salt, sugar, grease, and caffeine. :shock:

I think the fifth should be alcohol. :lol:
Well, alcohol kind of falls into the sugar group. As my wife says, she doesn't like sweets, she prefers her sugar fermented...
:lol: :lol: :roll:

See CJ, now I always thought alcohol came from grains. I've seen ingredients on Vodka bottles as coming from grains or even Potato's (back to the vegetable thing), beer commercials are always talking about barley and hops, and Ale's often reference wheat, etc.

And Wine can certainly be considered a fruit as it comes from Grapes...............right?

Lastly, although even I won't try to pass off pork as being a fruit, vegetable, grain, or dairy product, everyone knows bacon makes everything taste better :mrgreen:
Well, the fermentation process (well, not for wine) begins with what's called a "mash". You take the grain (or potatoes or other starchy ingredients), crush it and mix with water, then add heat. At about 160F, the starches change to sugars. Then you add yeast, which eats the sugar and produces alcohol and carbon dioxide (which is why beer is fizzy). For liquor, you boil the fermented mash and distill off the alcohol. For wine, the grapes have all the sugar he yeast needs, so you can just let 'em go to it.

I could go into great detail in the case of beer as I've been brewing that for decades, but it really doesn't fit a guitar forum.

As for bacon making everything taste better, yeah, I can't really argue with that. And cheese. If you can't put cheese on it, it's probably not worth eating...
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

cjj wrote:And cheese. If you can't put cheese on it, it's probably not worth eating...
What kind of cheese do you prefer on your ice cream?
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

jps wrote:
cjj wrote:And cheese. If you can't put cheese on it, it's probably not worth eating...
Mozzarella... :mrgreen:
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
eatswodo
Veteran RRF member

Post by eatswodo »

jps wrote:What are those things that look like a cross between Oreos and Girl Scout Thin Mints?
That would be black pudding - blood sausage. I've never quite been able to bring myself to eat it.
bitzerguy
RRF Consultant

Post by bitzerguy »

teb wrote:Doing shots and eating flaming corn chips sounds like it could be the next big fad a frat parties if we can manage to get the word out.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)
...Dean
Never, ever drool on your surf shirt. It wrecks the solo.

660/12FG, 350V63/6FG, 620/6JG, 360WB/6DBG, Dingwall C1 #001, Prestige Heritage Elite FM
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

cjj wrote:
jps wrote:
No, no no!! You STUFF the ice cream with mozzarella! You put Parmigiano-Reggiano or Pecorino Romano cheese on top! :lol: :mrgreen:
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

rickenbrother wrote:No, no no!! You STUFF the ice cream with mozzarella! You put Parmigiano-Reggiano or Pecorino Romano cheese on top! :lol: :mrgreen:
Does Tony concur? :shock:
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

jps wrote:
rickenbrother wrote:No, no no!! You STUFF the ice cream with mozzarella! You put Parmigiano-Reggiano or Pecorino Romano cheese on top! :lol: :mrgreen:
Tony might wanna stuff the ice cream with ricotta, but it's just not firm enough to do so. :mrgreen:
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

rickenbrother wrote:
jps wrote:
Tony might wanna stuff the ice cream with ricotta, but it's just not firm enough to do so. :mrgreen:
Mmm, Italian Ice Blintzes! :lol:
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

rickenbrother wrote:
jps wrote:
Hey, that ricotta gets pretty firm when frozen, so it just might work...
rickenbrother wrote:
cjj wrote:
jps wrote: What kind of cheese do you prefer on your ice cream?
No, no no!! You STUFF the ice cream with mozzarella! You put Parmigiano-Reggiano or Pecorino Romano cheese on top! :lol: :mrgreen:
Oh, sorry. I mesread what Jeff wrote as "what do you like with ice cream", instead of on. But hey, what do I know I'm a Swede, but I'm married to an Italian...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

cjj wrote:orry. I mesread what Jeff wrote as "what do you like with ice cream", instead of on. But hey, what do I know I'm a Swede, but I'm married to an Italian...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
So does that mean that you guys would add meatballs to this concoction? Which style? :lol: :mrgreen: :wink:

Cooking up some of my Italian meatballs here...
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Joey do you do catering? We'll need an assortment of food for GilFest®. :mrgreen:

Return to “Trivia”