Original Instructions for Convertible Guitars

Early years of Rickenbacker Guitars prior to and including 1972

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

danm

Original Instructions for Convertible Guitars

Post by danm »

(Apologies if this is old news)

I happened upon a completed auction link on an NOS 366/12 (serial # GD1976, sold for $11,000)

https://www.ronsusser.com/inventory/lis ... ect-wcase/

I was first amazed by the condition of the guitar (!), then the case(!!)... then the polish cloth(!!!). Upon closer inspection, I noticed there seem to be some typed out papers along with the guitar. Does anybody know where this guitar wound up? I'm wondering if these were "instructions" for the convertible system and, if so, what they might say. I'd love to have a copy of whatever came with convertibles new for my 336.

Thx!

collin

Re: Original Instructions for Convertible Guitars

Post by collin »

Dan - good to see you round these parts again!

That is amazing - I don't think I've seen too many NOS / deadstock 60s Rickenbackers out in the wild like that. I'd love to play this one, just to get a feel for what these guitars were like new and 100% untouched.

No idea on the instructions, hope you can find this. Would be a cool touch to include in the case for any convertible Rick.
libratune
Veteran RRF member

Post by libratune »

This is the closest RIC paper I could find regarding convertible guitars. I have a few of them.

I don't believe this came in the case with a new guitar, but rather was an advert for a mid-'60s trade show about the convertible feature.

Front and back of ad is shown.

The other papers in the case of the guitar you pictured may have been the standard printed instruction sheet/s that came with new Ricks back in the day.
convertible ad front
convertible ad front
convertible ad reverse
convertible ad reverse
danm

Post by danm »

Thanks, guys.

I'm familiar with the above double-sided sheet/ad. I once had a perfect copy, only to sell it later, never thinking I'd have a convertible guitar. (How many times do I have to learn the "never sell" lesson?)

What were the typed instructions you mention that came with all Rickenbackers? can't say I've seen anything other than the "Guitar Servicing Instructions", and these don't appear to be that sheet.

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: Vintage Years - Before 1973”