1960 365 Capri on Ebay...

Early years of Rickenbacker Guitars prior to and including 1972

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

jwilli
RRF Consultant

1960 365 Capri on Ebay...

Post by jwilli »

Interesting. Almost like someone is upping the bidding. What do you think?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41439&item=7312581707&rd=1
Scastles

Post by Scastles »

Interesting to say the least. Looks like one bidder was simply bidding against himself, continually uping the ante over a 3 minute period.
Questionable looking.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Music is too important to be left to professionals.
brian

Post by brian »

I don't know when the reserve was met, but maybe he was simply trying to reach the reserve
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

While it may not be within the rules (I know little of eBay) is it possible that he is the owner and is entering bids for someone else?
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
kenindfw

Post by kenindfw »

I suppose it could be the owner, but why not just up the reserve price rather than go through the trouble of setting up a second ID. Also, the bidders involved look like they have several transactions under their belt, so it seems unlikely. It shure looks like someone wants that guitar pretty bad. Almost $6K for a guitar is a lot of money.
Scastles

Post by Scastles »

Think Brian was right when he said the one bidder with the numerous bids was just trying to reach the RP. Evidently, if you read the sellers description changes (at the bottom) some folks have offered a good bit in a bid to end the auction early.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Music is too important to be left to professionals.
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

Stan wrote:
... some folks have offered a good bit in a bid to end the auction early ...
That's what apparently happened with the Fireglo Capri that ended this morning. I wonder how much that seller lost by doing so.

The multiple bids thing is usually a sign of a bidder upping his/her maximum bid to reach the reserve; I've done that myself on occasion.
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for this Gary. It is good to know the rules. I have very seldom used eBay.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
jwilli
RRF Consultant

Post by jwilli »

If you zoom in, you'll notice that the bridge is down as far as it will go. Not always a good sign.
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Neck reset.....
“I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did.”
― Kurt Vonnegut

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: Vintage Years - Before 1973”