Vintage Battle

Early years of Rickenbacker Guitars prior to and including 1972

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Weller_Jr.

Vintage Battle

Post by Weller_Jr. »

I am just torn: As a lifelong (40 yrs) rick zealot, I am looking for opinions as to which guitar provides the IDEAL rick sound: the 360 v 64, or the 325 v 59? Which one will be crisper, louder, sharper, livelier through a marshall tube amp? I MUST make my decision soon, but am torn between these two beautiful instruments and must choose one ....
Weller_Jr.

Post by Weller_Jr. »

And let me add as a post script that for 20 years now I have had a beautiful 360 but with the hi gain pickups instead of the vintage single coil, and have always felt that I was missing something. So now, I am focusing in on both guitars (325 and 360) both having the vintage single coil and ask the question: Which is preferable to the Rick Enthusiast?
Ed_Jahn

Post by Ed_Jahn »

Good question. I am a new 12 string owner (360/12V64) and I am thinking about getting a 6 string. I am also looking at these 2 models.
Frank_S

Post by Frank_S »

John or George...That's what it comes down to.
LOL!!!Image
RickFan

Post by RickFan »

Weller Jr, You're obviously a JAM Fan . (Good Group). I would say that in your case the 360 with Toasters would be the way to go. I can here the Marshall Blastin from here...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Weller Jr.: You may wish to consider the new 325V59 or the 360/12C63 models to be unveiled in a week at NAMM. Failing that, based on your search for the "sound", my vote would be for the 325V59.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
Weller_Jr.

Post by Weller_Jr. »

Thank you, all for your feedback. I appreciate it. JaM Fan: Absolutely! Now, for an update. I got the 325 v 59. This was after extensive playing of that, as compared to a 360 v 64, compared to a 330, etc. etc. I haven't been able to fully appreciate it yet as I have not yet been able to crank it through my Fender DeVille tube amp, but something tells me I am going to like this a lot, even though the intonation is a little off, and it comes out of tune pretty easy compared to my "modern 360". Peter, what is NAMM?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: Vintage Years - Before 1973”