64 450/12 on Ebay

Early years of Rickenbacker Guitars prior to and including 1972

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

studiotwosession
Advanced Member

Post by studiotwosession »

I had a '65 450/12, and loved it. And long ago, two 6 string versions. I've dug 'em ever since I saw Robin Zander driving Japan wild with one.....78 must have been.
This is off the record
studiotwosession
Advanced Member

I had a '65 450/12, and loved it. And long ago, two 6 string versions. I've dug 'em ever since I saw Robin Zander driving Japan wild with one.....78 must have been.

By the way, I've never heard of any such Rick referred to as a Crestwave, but it's an apt and groovy description.
This is off the record
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Glenn, I imagine that's the one I now own.

I often think, "If that little 12 could talk!"

"Cresting wave" is a long-accepted nomenclature for these style guitars.
“I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did.”
― Kurt Vonnegut
studiotwosession
Advanced Member

Indeed, Paul, had some great times with that baby out in your home town (as can be seen here in a bad pic at a gig on Mose Ave. 'bout 9 years ago in a smokey bar.)

450/12 is on stand, stage left. I'm playing my old, also long gone JG six string example.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=99004973&albumID=0&imageID=637177
This is off the record
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Now that is cool! I'd love to see any others as they come to light!
“I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did.”
― Kurt Vonnegut
studiotwosession
Advanced Member

Oops, typo. As you may have noticed I meant to say Morse Ave. That's the farthest north gig we played in the city, Morseland, a club that was open or closed ever week it seemed.

There's a shot of my old 360/12WB on a stand here:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=16780093&albumID=0&imageID=5811297
This is off the record
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Oh, yeah, Morse...that was my high school stomping grounds, 1964-66, and as I recall about as far north as you could go without hitting Evanston.

I wonder if my old rock paintings are still there at Morse Ave. Beach?

(Some beach. Concrete sidewalks dropping off into the cold Lake.)
― Kurt Vonnegut
studiotwosession
Advanced Member

Ten blocks south of Howard St. If those paintings are still there, you used great paint.

Looks like Morseland is either a DJ place, or live jazzers now.

Too bad it's so hard to make a buck on rock these days, eh?
This is off the record
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

You can make a buck; but stringing them together in any sensible way is nigh-impossible.
― Kurt Vonnegut
studiotwosession
Advanced Member

>>"Cresting wave" is a long-accepted nomenclature for these style guitars.<<

Indeed. But "Crestwave" I had never heard before.

The first sounds merely descriptive of a feature, wheras the second actually sounds like a product name. Would make a great surf band name, eh?
This is off the record

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: Vintage Years - Before 1973”