1966 Rickenbacker 330/12

Early years of Rickenbacker Guitars prior to and including 1972

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Re: 1966 Rickenbacker 330/12

Post by jingle_jangle »

sys700 wrote:I'm very pleased with the condition. Only a few dings here and there but barely noticeable. I bought it off the original owner, Bruce Mattey, of New Colony Six, a 60's band from Chicago that are still active today: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGW4cFMAcS0
Small world. I went to high school (St. Patrick's, in Chicago) with those guys, although Bruce was a later member. Their original keyboardist, Chris "Seth" Wolski, was my locker partner, and Ray Graffia, Pat McBride and Gerry (van) Kollenburg were upperclassmen who were top students. Their original name: "The Patsmen". They played sock hops and pep rallies under this name through '64 before decamping for Hollywood and picking up a new keyboard player. (Chris' mom wouldn't let him tour--he was only 16. Besides, being Polish, he played a Cordovox electric accordion, which everybody thought was "square".) Their second keyboard player (Greg Kempinski aka Craig Kemp) had the first VOX Continental I ever saw in the flesh. He lived around the corner from me.

They were the first group I ever heard do "I Want to Hold Your Hand" live, at a St. Pat's event (chorus concert) in late '64.
Rayomatic

Re: 1966 Rickenbacker 330/12

Post by Rayomatic »

Cool guitar history!

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: Vintage Years - Before 1973”