Rose Morris Advertisements 1964

Early years of Rickenbacker Guitars prior to and including 1972

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

JakeK
RRF Consultant

Re: Rose Morris Advertisements 1964

Post by JakeK »

Col: PLEASE tell me I'll be seeing those two at SCARF???
Ron: Kick A$$ is all I can say about your RoMo's!
bails
Veteran RRF member

Re: Rose Morris Advertisements 1964

Post by bails »

k43rover wrote:I think there must be at least 2 distinct shading variations here - the guitar you originally posted as redburst (2nd from right in group shot of 4 above) seems to be red all the way across i.e. very dark cherry red at sides and light red in the centre; whereas there also seems to be a more normal but dark Fireglo finish (dark sunburst?) which goes to dark cherry at the edges but from a more normal yellowish colour near the pick-ups
I, too, am thinking that the redburst and dark burst would have to be considered different finishes from a collector point of view - even if they are both just unintended variations on FireGlo. I think it's been said a few times on the forum before, but many of these unofficial colour variations were apparently the result of Rickenbacker spray booth workers having a bad day, or perhaps their first day on the job, or perhaps just trying to make their mark... Whatever the reasons, it makes for some really pretty finishes, and some really rare and desirable guitars.
Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights do make a left.

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: Vintage Years - Before 1973”