Rose Morris 1993 Values

Early years of Rickenbacker Guitars prior to and including 1972

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

collin

Re: Rose Morris 1993 Values

Post by collin »

Well......that's a bummer.

Hope he got over $10,000 on it, at least....dude might have let himself get walk away from
a nice sum.
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

Okay, which one of you was it? :D
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

Did anyone find it odd that (1) the auction was posted on eBay UK, but the (physical) location was listed as Southern California, and (2) the seller apparently had sold mainly automotive-related items previously?
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
Malchik

Post by Malchik »

doctorwho wrote:Did anyone find it odd that (1) the auction was posted on eBay UK, but the (physical) location was listed as Southern California, and (2) the seller apparently had sold mainly automotive-related items previously?
I don't find the seller's content odd, but I do find the locations contrast bizarre. He's purposely selling an item to a country with a stronger currency and more troublesome shipping. Unless he shams the buyers shipping rates or he suspects heavy bidders in Britain is anyones guess.
collin

Post by collin »

doctorwho wrote:Did anyone find it odd that (1) the auction was posted on eBay UK, but the (physical) location was listed as Southern California, and (2) the seller apparently had sold mainly automotive-related items previously?

Graham simply posted the link from his local Ebay.co.uk

The seller listed it for worldwide shipping, but then stated local only......seems clear to me.

Again, huge bummer the auction is taken down, it'd be nice for everyone who wanted it to take a shot at it.
Happens every damn time something good goes on Ebay and i'm pretty sick of it. Ebay is turning into the Craigslist that you pay for.... :roll:
k43rover
Intermediate Member

Post by k43rover »

You are bang on again Collin - the delist was disappointing; I wrote to the seller right at the very start of the auction and he was categoric that he would not be accepting offers and the auction would run to the end. If he did get an offer he felt was way too good to refuse after less than 24 hours that is also quite hard to understand given the obvious question marks over the refinish condition of the guitar and lack of depth in the listing description.......just makes you wonder....if it was on the level, I can only think somebody in the Bay area went straight over with a fistful of $ and persuaded him to change his mind.
8mileshigh

Post by 8mileshigh »

I think Ed booked a quick flight to SF! :lol:

Who knows.......it may appear back on EBay with a big BIN and we'll all get a second chance?
k43rover
Intermediate Member

Post by k43rover »

I think that could happen Graham (assuming of course that somebody has not already got their mits on the 1993). The guy is clearly no eBay virgin and it's interesting that he had the other 12 (with the swapped out vintage case!) on BIN for okay money but let this one go on a regular low start auction; he may just have been testing the water before deciding what he really wanted to do with the 1993.....
wints
Veteran RRF member

Post by wints »

No surprise.

Big offer, pulled auction, no sellers fees. eBay is becoming more of a window to advertise than sell with potential big ticket items.

I don't know if Col had the address, but in these cases, usually, one has to present oneself, as soon as possible, to get a truly accurate picture of the deal.
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

I BOUGHT IT!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

:wink:

Just kidding. It is nice, but I never even knew about it 'til just two minutes ago :P

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: Vintage Years - Before 1973”