History of the 360 WB

Early years of Rickenbacker Guitars prior to and including 1972

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

bitzerguy
RRF Consultant

Re: History of the 360 WB

Post by bitzerguy »

I also love these guitars. My introduction to the WB models was playing David Love's 360WB/12 at the first Canadian confluence. Fantastic guitar! I spent a couple of years chasing down one, a 1990 360WB/6 JG. It needed a re-fret and it stunk from spending it's life with a very heavy smoker. I managed to get it from the original owner. It is presently in San Fran getting a PW restoration and special treatment. So no pics for now, but I'll post them when I can.
...Dean
Never, ever drool on your surf shirt. It wrecks the solo.

660/12FG, 350V63/6FG, 620/6JG, 360WB/6DBG, Dingwall C1 #001, Prestige Heritage Elite FM
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

Since a WB was my first Rick guitar, and because I love WBs so much, it took me a long time to for me to banish, "eh, it's not a WB, nevermind" as a first thought in my mind whenever I saw a Rick guitar that wasn't a WB. :lol:
Dom

Post by Dom »

I had the same reaction...although it didn't stop me from getting two 330's later! Heh heh heh...

My wife (then gf) knocked an Edison record (heavy & solid wood) off a counter on to my '98 turquoise 330 which put a chip on the side edge. I've always been curious to see what it would cost to have the checker binding applied.

I might have to check out the Rick Jamz sometime, I'll be sure to wear a bib to catch my drool! I'll see what I can do in the meantime about getting some music posted.

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: Vintage Years - Before 1973”