'65 Ric OK!! GOOD NEWS now..value? Help!

Early years of Rickenbacker Guitars prior to and including 1972

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

1oldricky

'65 Ric OK!! GOOD NEWS now..value? Help!

Post by 1oldricky »

Since i had posted up some bad pics of my guitar the past few days, and folks had thought it had a crack/repair , and I could NOT see any crack/repair- decided to take in into our local Guitar Center and Adam , their guitar tech played it and said Acoustics are fine as well as NO cracks and NO repairs, no work needed on the guitar at all, said neck is fine and original. all original, except the tuners, that the owner before me had switched to Grovers. guitar does have some wear to finish on back and neck and tiny crack in pickguard. They called their Hollywood store to get an offer to make me, I told them I an not sure, as to part with it, but told them call me with the offer. Now, i have NO idea what my guitar value is for the condition it is in, so help me out guys, as I figured whatever the shop offers, it is worth twice that? so they could mark it up andmake their money. alana
jps
RRF Consultant

Re: '65 Ric OK!! GOOD NEWS now..value? Help!

Post by jps »

Glad to hear there is no crack in the neck, Alana.

Please do NOT sell the guitar to Guitar Center :shock: , you won't get what it is really worth there, far from it, actually.
egosheep
Intermediate Member

Post by egosheep »

jps wrote:Glad to hear there is no crack in the neck, Alana.

Please do NOT sell the guitar to Guitar Center :shock: , you won't get what it is really worth there, far from it, actually.
+100!!! Post some photos here when you can.
Great Ramp In My Opinion.
libratune
Veteran RRF member

Post by libratune »

Some photos here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=398544
1oldricky

Post by 1oldricky »

thank you guys, I wont to Guitar Center, and I truly dont want to part with the old Ric, but I am not sure I can hold onto it any longer, with my health issues and some financial issues. my daughter, who is 10 was there yesterday, when the Guitar center had the Ric, and she was not a happy camper! kept saying she needed/wanted it, and not to part with it, but I cant justify giving it to her, she is only 10! it would need to be stored away again, in the closet, for another 8-10? years, until she was responsible to have it. This is going to be a hard decision. alana
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

If she's old enough to start playing the guitar, so start teaching her; she'll grow into it pronto! 8-10 years is a long time; I had my first Rick when I was 17, which was when I started playing, but a lot of people start playing at 10-12 years old-I had to play catch up with a few players.
scotty

Post by scotty »

1oldricky wrote:it would need to be stored away again, in the closet, for another 8-10? years, until she was responsible to have it. This is going to be a hard decision. alana
Now that would be a real shame.Either give it to her and explain that it is a very old special guitar or if you really dont think she would look after it sell it.
I hope whatever you decide it brings you happiness.
egosheep
Intermediate Member

Post by egosheep »

Take her to Guitar Center and let her pick out a cheap guitar she likes. Give her a lofty guitar-related goal, and if she meets it, give her the Rickenbacker. :)
Great Ramp In My Opinion.

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: Vintage Years - Before 1973”