original vs reissue tuner question

Early years of Rickenbacker Guitars prior to and including 1972

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

original vs reissue tuner question

Post by jdogric12 »

I just bought two tuners off ebay from an infamous Rick parts dealer.

I needed one to complete the v64 I just bought, which came with an undisclosed PING Deluxe tuner on the D octave, which is a pain to restring since the post is too short and has a slotted top!!! :roll:

Of the two I got, one was advertised as an original 1969 tuner, one a reissue from 2001. Both say "RIC deluxe" in the double line Kluson style. One says "JAPAN" on the back, the other says nothing. Surely no 1969 tuners said RIC Deluxe, did they? I know, I should have asked about all this before hand, but I've just been too danged busy. And because I'm an idiot, I already left positive feedback. Dont' suppose I can take that back if needed?

Whatcha think?
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Re: original vs reissue tuner question

Post by jingle_jangle »

RIC Deluxe means recent vintage. Certainly not 1969.

Japan? Klusons were made in Chicago, back in 1969.

The only option you have at this point is to open an Ebay Buyer Protection case in their Resolution Center...
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Considering I got the pair of tuners for ten bucks, I probably shouldn't worry with it. What do you think?
Clint
Intermediate Member

Post by Clint »

If they're reasonably good, quality keys that hold the sting in tune properly, then no, I wouldn't worry anymore about it. If the guy sent you two ****** tuners, well that's a whole other kettle of fish. Either way, I would never deal with that vendor again.
Jangle, Chime & Twang.

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: Vintage Years - Before 1973”