Blonde Vintage 330

Early years of Rickenbacker Guitars prior to and including 1972

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

leonvi@consumer

Blonde Vintage 330

Post by leonvi@consumer »

Newbie.....My first post. I have a model 330 6 string I bought I think 1964. It was used when I bought it but not a scratch on it. I'm trying to figure out how old it really is and a ball park value. It doesnot have any stampings on the jack plate. It has a sticker on the back of the tune head that states Model 330 serial#4508. Does anyone have any light they can shed on this.

Thanks
Vinnie
libratune
Veteran RRF member

Re: Blonde Vintage 330

Post by libratune »

Vinnie,

Welcome!

Does the sticker look something like this:
8-fullsize.jpg
The number looks like 4510, which would be 2 away from yours.

This guitar was dated to 1965 by the pot codes. Evidently RIC used these stickers instead of jackplate serial nos. for a limited time around 1965. There have been a few others of that era that have shown up with this kind of sticker on the back of the headstock.
leonvi@consumer

Post by leonvi@consumer »

Wow That is exactly how my rick looks. What do I look for on the pots to verify that this may be a 1965? I Can't believe that you came up with a photo of a 330. 2 serial numbers away from mine in less than a hour. I would have to believe they were made around the same time.
Thank you very much for the info. I would like to ck the pots.

Regards
Vinnie
libratune
Veteran RRF member

Post by libratune »

Hey Vinnie,

We can be resourceful around here! :wink:

Here's how to check the pot codes. 4 screws and the pickguards are off. Put the the top guard to the side and flip up the bottom guard gently from horizontal to vertical position. Most pots used on Ricks of that era are CTS, which have a prefix of 137. After that there will be 4 digits: the first 2 numbers are the year, next 2 numbers are the week. So 137 6526 is 26th week of 1965.

Some of the pot codes will be obscured by solder, but there should be at least one or two where you can make out the code. Let us know what you find.
marc61

Post by marc61 »

Vinnie is my friend...take good care of him...

Told ya Vinnie these guys know their Rics...oh and list your guitar in the registry
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

marc61 wrote:Vinnie is my friend...take good care of him...

Told ya Vinnie these guys know their Rics...oh and list your guitar in the registry
He's in good hands Marc. :D Welcome to the forum Vinnie.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: Vintage Years - Before 1973”