Pickguard for a '67 365

Early years of Rickenbacker Guitars prior to and including 1972

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

faustus

Pickguard for a '67 365

Post by faustus »

Just bought a vintage 1967 Rickenbacker 365. The top plate of the pickguard is missing. The space between the pickups is longer than on modern 360/330's, are there some equivalent to be found in the vintage reissues? Or do i have to look for a vintage one?
scotty

Re: Pickguard for a '67 365

Post by scotty »

Brilliant I love 67 FGs need to see pics.Try here first then you could try Tony at Pickguardian.
collin

Post by collin »

Reissues won't fit (spacing between the pickups is different, as is the footprint of mounting screws).

Find an original or have one custom made. I'd suggest the alternate as the vintage ones were all cut by hand (with a template) and not all of them fit the same.
libratune
Veteran RRF member

Post by libratune »

faustus wrote:Just bought a vintage 1967 Rickenbacker 365. The top plate of the pickguard is missing. The space between the pickups is longer than on modern 360/330's, are there some equivalent to be found in the vintage reissues? Or do i have to look for a vintage one?
If I were you I'd make a tracing of the lower guard as a reference for the screwholes and send it, along with a photo of the pickups/guard area (with a ruler alongside the pickups), to Tony at pickguardian.com. He would then have what he neeeds to make an upper guard with screw holes that match the lower guard and would also be able to make the upper guard "lip" between the pickups the right size.
iiipopes
Intermediate Member

Post by iiipopes »

If you are not worried about the upper guard having the "tongue" between the two pickups, then a 370 upper guard might work also.

But if you want original, I concur: Pickguardian.

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: Vintage Years - Before 1973”