Transition years of Rickenbacker Guitars from 1973-1983 inclusive

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

jdawe

Re: 430

Post by jdawe »

I can't really compete with Paul in terms of either restoration or photography skill, but here are some snaps of my 430 with a new two-piece pickguard I had Tony at Pickguardian make for me last month. (Unfortunately I can't figure out how to rotate the images when I upload them).
RIckenbacker 430 2.jpg
Rickenbacker 430.jpg
The jack is absent from its usual location on the front of the p/g because I installed a barrel jack on the side. The problem I found with the jack's original location is that it is very easy to accidentally step on your cable and crack the plastic of the guard, which is the only thing supporting the jack. This happened a few years after I got mine, and after going through a couple of home-made replacements that didn't really look all that great I decided to get one from the pros.
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Looks great to me, Jonathan. And, smart move to change the jack if it's in a bad location for you!

Photography talent? Me? Nah. It's my old 5MP SONY DSC-F717. I've got 4 of them so there's always one with me. They don't make them anymore, but for under $200.00 you can get one on Ebay with as rebuilt ceramic sensor. Beats the pants off anything short of a newer Canon 5D full-frame. And I find the Canon to be klunky to handle...
ken_j
RRF Consultant

Post by ken_j »

jdawe wrote:...Unfortunately I can't figure out how to rotate the images when I upload them...
Rotate and save before you upload them.
Rickenbacker%20430.jpg
"The best things in life aren't things."
badeggs
Intermediate Member

Post by badeggs »

Leave it to PW to turn a humble 430 into that!

Amazing work, man, especially that laminated, tortoise-shell TRC...wild stuff!
jdawe

Post by jdawe »

Rotate and save before you upload them.
That makes sense. The photos display the right way when I view them on my Mac, so it didn't occur to me to rotate them before uploading them.
IHeartRics

Post by IHeartRics »

Paul,
That is SOOOOOO SWEEEEET! I've always wondered what one would look like with toasters, but you took it way beyond my imagination. You truly are both a craftsman and an artist! :mrgreen:

Jonathan,
I like your retro double pickguard too. Toasters would really take it over the top in appearance (IMO). :D
Expect nothing and you'll never be disappointed (and I mean that in an optimistic way).
http://www.reverbnation.com/thelowlies
http://www.myspace.com/thelowlies
jwilli
RRF Consultant

Post by jwilli »

Paul, beautiful work as always!

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: Transition Years - 1973 to 1983”