new 325C64 questions

Modern years of Rickenbacker Guitars from 1984 to the present

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Tommy
Intermediate Member

Re: new 325C64 questions

Post by Tommy »

jps wrote:The box in the upper photo does not look like any Rickenbacker box I have ever seen.
Ooops. Yeah, that box actually came from Musician'sFriend who sold me a 325. The Ric was double boxed with that box on the outside.
girllennon76

Post by girllennon76 »

jimmy74 wrote:what about the case candy, I've got the tremolo arm, 3 hex screw drivers, a sticker and the manual..... shouldn't there be a Rickenbacker certificate or guarantee specific to this guitar?

thanks
I've owned two 325 (vintage reissue series). My first one, an April 1996, I bought new from Guitar Center and had case candy, but there are no special certificates (special signature models have those COAs), although every new factory shipped Ric should have the warranty card hang tag included with the instrument. This details the limited warranty and other pertinent details. With that said, apart from the other issues you detailed with your instrument, PLEASE make sure that the vibrato unit is lined up perfectly with center line of the guitar itself. My April '96 unit (which I haven't owned in years) had an improperly installed vibrato. It was off center ever so slightly and affected the overall playability of the guitar. The intonation sucked, it couldn't stay in tune for long and if you used the vibrato arm, you can hear a loud, audible creaking noise which denoted that the strings are slipping in the bridge saddles. After a few months of light use, the neck pickup died. I never gigged with it and it never left the house, so it was gently used and never abused :(

I feel for whomever got that guitar after me (I lost in pawn back in '97 or '98 in Deefield Beach, FL) because it was a bad unit in that production run. The one I bought a few years later, a March '96, is arguably the best guitar I ever played. Dead perfect in every way and it was used, so unfortunately, it lacked the warranty card. Not that it mattered since the guarantee of workmanship had long since passed.

Makes me sad that the C series instruments are having such QC issues. I never wanted to own a C series 325, so when I am in the market for another, it will be 325v63.
Medicus1963

Post by Medicus1963 »

I agree Joelle,

I had three 325V63 over the times, never had an issue, except for a broken Tuner, easy to replace. I also owned a C64 but never liked it as much as i did with my V63`s. Actually i own a Nov 1995 V63 with real vintage 64, and 66 pickup and a fifth knob mod ! Sounds GREAT!!

Peter
All you need is love and a rick !

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: Modern Years - After 1983”