snug fit case - a bit too much perhaps?

Modern years of Rickenbacker Guitars from 1984 to the present

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

snug fit case - a bit too much perhaps?

Post by 4000 »

There's this original RIC case I'm wondering about if its fit isn't perhaps a bit too good...

the 360 obviously fits well, but both the body & neck are 'clamped', which makes me fear that in case of wrap/torsion of the case, the guitar itself is actually subject to warping as well. No need to worry here or a valid concern ?

Thanks!
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Re: snug fit case - a bit too much perhaps?

Post by jdogric12 »

The worst aspect of that scenario is that any hit the case takes, gets transferred at nearly 100% directly to the guitar.

Post by 4000 »

jdogric12 wrote:The worst aspect of that scenario is that any hit the case takes, gets transferred at nearly 100% directly to the guitar.
Indeed a horror-scenario, so I was pretty surprised that this was ehh, the case... for the 360.

I'll have a more in depth look to how the neck is exactly is supported, but am sure curious to how the supplied original RIC cases for other instruments do in this respect.
This combination of 360 & case has a prety snug fit for the body, and that'd be fine I'd figure when the neck was kept unsupported, but ...

Thanks!
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Bodies are pretty tough, but it's necks and headstocks I worry about.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

jdogric12 wrote:Bodies are pretty tough, but it's necks and head...I worry about.
Wait till you get to be our age, sonny! :wink:

Post by 4000 »

jdogric12 wrote:Bodies are pretty tough, but it's necks and headstocks I worry about.
Very-FWIW, I saw somebody mentioning that he actually saw a drawback from the two truss rods being used for Rickenbackers (less wood),
but I'm totally unaware of broken headstocks... unless intentionally so (we know WHO )... :lol:

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: Modern Years - After 1983”