Warranty on Musician's Friend purchase?

Modern years of Rickenbacker Guitars from 1984 to the present

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Dokterrock

Warranty on Musician's Friend purchase?

Post by Dokterrock »

I have a lovely MapleGlo 620 that I bought a few years ago from Musician's Friend - it was an open box/returned item for some reason but otherwise brand new. I restrung the guitar the other day and all of a sudden the bridge pickup stopped working - I can't tell if it's the pickup itself or the switch, and I'm hesitant to go digging. I've never once opened up the guitar so I was quite surprised at this. I have all the original documentation and warranty cards, but I have a feeling that even though it was returned to the retailer, because I wasn't the original purchaser that the warranty won't apply to me. Am I just out of luck here or is it worth contacting Rickenbacker?
jps
RRF Consultant

Re: Warranty on Musician's Friend purchase?

Post by jps »

Was the guitar sold to as a brand new item, and if so, did you send the warranty card in to RIC in a timely manner?
strummersteve

Post by strummersteve »

I believe that the RIC warranty starts on the date of manufacture, not the date of sale. If this is the case, the deciding factor may depend on the SN of the guitar as well as if it was sold as new when purchased.
"A Splendid Time Is Guaranteed For All"
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

That's likely such a cheap easy fix I wouldn't bother. Just see what your local shop says, assuming they don't have an insane bench charge.
Twang Banger

Post by Twang Banger »

I agree ... it is pretty easy to pop off the control plate and see if any wires are loose. If you don’t want to try to fix it yourself, unless you live in a really remote place, there’s bound to be a guitar tech somewhere nearby that can fix it. You might want to ask for recommendations on a tech on the musical instrument section on craigslist in your area.
Brian
_______
Jax, Fla
maxwell

Post by maxwell »

My 330 has a shaky volume pot, neck PU. That PU is dead, but springs back to life if I jiggle/turn back & forth its respective pot, etc. You can try fooling with the controls for that PU and see if you get any kind of response. If so, spraying some cleaner in the pot can fix it, although that’s often not a good long-term fix; better to replace it. FYI.

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: Modern Years - After 1983”