Reviews of the RRF Compilation CDs

Showcasing Artists contributing to the
RRF CDs 1-4.
admin
Site Admin

Reviews of the RRF Compilation CDs

Post by admin »

Welcome to the new section that will allow for the discussion of all of the RRF compliation CDs 1-4. Newly ordered CD4s are on their way to RRF members and I know they will be pleasantly surprised with the latest offering. This section has been created so that we might have a specific area review all of the RRF CDs and showcase the great work of RRF member artists.

Should you be looking for the new CD4 you may order it through this link

http://www.rickresource.com/rrp/rickres ... ducts.html

Let the discussion begin.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
admin
Site Admin

Re: Reviews of the RRF Compilation CDs

Post by admin »

When you receive CD4 please take the time to discuss your favourite songs.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
rickyfricky
Intermediate Member

Post by rickyfricky »

Please Mr. Postman . . . :wink:
Watch those teeth, Marlin. I'm not sure we've properly sedated the beast . . .
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

My copy showed up today. Thank you Mr. Postman and Peter of course.............. :D
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
ken_j
RRF Consultant

Post by ken_j »

Mine showed up today and I am currently previewing it as write this. A big thumbs up so far. 8)
"The best things in life aren't things."
marc61

Post by marc61 »

Just my first time listening, and I dig all the tracks for various reasons, but...That Walker (track 6) dude has some kind of talent,no? Another one I'm liking is track 15 by the Lowlies. Track 16 is interesting.Nasty sound on the lead break. Whoever recorded it probably has a wonderful father. :)

That's all for the first run through. I need to listen to it a few more times to have it all grow on me. Overall a wonderful disc
kenposurf
RRF Consultant

Post by kenposurf »

ok..someone has to go first!
Put an ear to all the tracks without looking at who did them.
What a bunch of talent here...wow!
These are raw first impressions:
1)Too Long (that's the name of the song..not part of my review)-Cool jangle with some VERY soulful vocals
2)Let It Go-Rockin' track cool arrangement/changes
3)Whiskey Rainclouds-Heart felt vocals-trippy tempo changes
4)Last Night-Radio Ready! Cool call and response idea
5)Anytime At All-NICE guitar tone..is that John Lennon on vocals?!
6)Deafening-Real cool bass figure..neat thick/mod vibe
7)1000 Regrets-Instant pogo! Hot vocals..hell hot song!
8)Cut Me Down-Gutsy vocal..cool arrangement..hip bass and keys figures
9)A Reason Or A Rhyme-Melody is like an old friend..cool lyrics
10)Highway 33-Yes! Movin' fast down a dusty road on the way to who knows where..cool bass and vocals
11)Fake It-Very good recording..cool Beatles vibe then takes ya on a left turn into the minor..very cool
12)Saint Anthony-Super lead guitar work and killer vocals..some Byrds-like chimes
13)Uncertainty-Quirky-in a good way--would make a cool production music cue for a film
14)Pretend It's Not September-Excellent recording...beautiful/soulful vocals...strong 60's vibe
15)Rock & Roll For The Broken Hearted-Cool power pop classic...nice guitar figures and arrangement
16)Feelings-Very cool vocal..hip guitar figures with a very nice lead break
17)Laredo Sunset..how the hell did these guys get on thi cd/?! Like the tone of a baritone guitar,,cool bass figure and drums...visual
18)Real People Blues-Diggin' the vocal stylings..hip and bluesy,,cool changes
19)When You Walk In The Room-Just a great rendition of a classic song..well done!
20)You Alone-Rockin' track-super arrangement and vocal...strong closer for a hell of a strong cd!
rikk
Intermediate Member

Post by rikk »

marc61 wrote:Just my first time listening, and I dig all the tracks for various reasons, but...That Walker (track 6) dude has some kind of talent,no? Another one I'm liking is track 15 by the Lowlies. Track 16 is interesting.Nasty sound on the lead break. Whoever recorded it probably has a wonderful father. :)

That's all for the first run through. I need to listen to it a few more times to have it all grow on me. Overall a wonderful disc
I have to second Mr. Walker's track. When I first heard that song I was amazed. Fantastic playing!
scotty

Post by scotty »

Just got my copy today thanks Peter My goodness track 10 is amazing :twisted:
Im off to give it a good listen
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Glad it arrived Scotty. Thanks to all the reviewers who have taken the time to comment. I look forward to many more. I would like to make the post deadline for the week so place your orders in the next couple of hours if you want them to leave today.

winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Thanks George.........."is that John Lennon on vocals". hahahahahaha!
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
kenposurf
RRF Consultant

Post by kenposurf »

winston wrote:Thanks George.........."is that John Lennon on vocals". hahahahahaha!
Yeah but is it?! :D :D :D
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

kenposurf wrote:
winston wrote:Thanks George.........."is that John Lennon on vocals". hahahahahaha!
Yeah but is it?! :D :D :D
Too funny. I wish I did have a voice like him. In any event no, I am the only one playing and singing on that little ditty George..........well all except for my EZ Drummer program bashing away on one of the tracks of course. 8)

ken_j
RRF Consultant

Post by ken_j »

A big thank you too all involved with volume 4. Thanks to Rikk, Peter, all the artists who contributed a song, plus anyone else behind the scenes that I am not aware off. This is without a doubt my favorite CD of the four. Not to say the first three aren't good, but this one just stands out in my opinion. Even the cover photos are good. I especially like the back cover showing a neck through with flamed wings. It will take many more listenings to determine which songs I like best, there are too many to pick from.
Kudos :!: :!: :!:
"The best things in life aren't things."
scotty

Post by scotty »

Given the CD a proper listen and the two tracks that are my favorites are Whiskey Rainclouds-Bobs yer uncle This is a fantastic track everything from the opening percussion, acoustics and vocals have a great quality and feel.I dont know who the member is that is responsible for this but my hats off,its a top tune Well done.
Also cause i know Kira i thought i would have heard this but i havent before.Real people blues is a great. Kira great smokey guitar and that moothie is awesome.Well done Kira great flow and foot stompin magic here.Where are the real people and the ones know know what love is for?i just found a few on the RRF CD 4
Well done to all who contributed this is a joy to listen to everyone did a great job in making this come to fruition.

Return to “Reviews of RickResource Compilation CDs”