Reviews of the RRF Compilation CDs

Showcasing Artists contributing to the
RRF CDs 1-4.
winston
Membership Admin

Re: Reviews of the RRF Compilation CDs

Post by winston »

Scotty.............have you heard track 10? Wow that boy can play. :wink:
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
electrofaro

Post by electrofaro »

scotty wrote:Well done to all who contributed this is a joy to listen to everyone did a great job in making this come to fruition.
+1

I select a different track every day and sit down to listen to it - people who didn't get the CD are really missing out! :D
'67 Fender Coronado II CAB * '17 1963 ES-335 PB * currently rickless
scotty

Post by scotty »

winston wrote:Scotty.............have you heard track 10? Wow that boy can play. :wink:
Good looking too :lol:

Oh and i really must mention The Nantucket Return -St Anthony is a belter of a track.:) Thats me i promise not to clutter up this thread with my ramblings.
rickyfricky
Intermediate Member

Post by rickyfricky »

scotty wrote:
Oh and i really must mention The Nantucket Return -St Anthony is a belter of a track.:) Thats me i promise not to clutter up this thread with my ramblings.
Thank you for your kind words Scott. It is much appreciated!

RRF CD4 is really great top to bottom. Congrats to all involved!!
Watch those teeth, Marlin. I'm not sure we've properly sedated the beast . . .
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I am so proud of all the artists and feel honoured that they gave of their time so generously in support of one another and the RRF. Those who have not picked up a copy are missing out on a great CD.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
manta
Intermediate Member

Post by manta »

Just out of curiousity, is this on CD Baby? Can we download this?
Manta (Tim Rock)
http://www.mantaraymusic.com
1993 Plus FG, 730L-12, 4001FL, Danelectro 6/12, Storyboard Strat
byu
Intermediate Member

Post by byu »

Thank you Scott for the compliments on the BYU tune. We really loaded it with Rics. The solo is a distorted 360/12WB with hi gains. Who says you can't distort a 12?
I have CDs 1, 2 & 4 and while I love all of them, this one is rapidly becoming my fav. It's nice to be in such great company. Congrats to all involved.

scotty wrote:Given the CD a proper listen and the two tracks that are my favorites are Whiskey Rainclouds-Bobs yer uncle This is a fantastic track everything from the opening percussion, acoustics and vocals have a great quality and feel.I dont know who the member is that is responsible for this but my hats off,its a top tune Well done.
Also cause i know Kira i thought i would have heard this but i havent before.Real people blues is a great. Kira great smokey guitar and that moothie is awesome.Well done Kira great flow and foot stompin magic here.Where are the real people and the ones know know what love is for?i just found a few on the RRF CD 4
Well done to all who contributed this is a joy to listen to everyone did a great job in making this come to fruition.
drumbob
RRF Consultant

Post by drumbob »

My copy arrived the other day, and I have been listening to it in the car. I love the Whiskey Rainclouds' track. It sounds like what The Byrds might have done had the original quartet made it through Notorious Byrd Brothers and beyond.

Burgundy Watch is extremely proud and pleased to have been involved.
manta
Intermediate Member

Post by manta »

manta wrote:Just out of curiousity, is this on CD Baby? Can we download this?
Hello? :?:
Manta (Tim Rock)
manta
Intermediate Member

Post by manta »

One more time... can this be downloaded on CD Baby or some other site?
electrofaro

Post by electrofaro »

manta wrote:One more time...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Tim this will be downloadable once the dust settles from the holiday season. I thank you for your good question and I apologize for the delay in my response.

Peter
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
manta
Intermediate Member

Post by manta »

Thanks Peter. That's good news. I'll suffer along for a while and wait for the download version. Congrats on getting out this latest compilation!!! :D
Manta (Tim Rock)
libratune
Veteran RRF member

Post by libratune »

I have listened to the CD several times. There is at least one complete album in there!
Here are my favorites. These are the ones I’ve most enjoyed listening to so far, and that means repeated listening on my iPod rotation. There were others that were outstanding in their own way. but once or twice was enough for me.

1 Too Long – strong “wall of sound” opening; settles into strains of Tom Petty on vocals and arrangement, especially at chorus. Great tune well produced though I would have dialed down the lead guitar a bit
3 Whiskey Rainclouds – creative waltz tempo; nicely arranged and executed. Latter part reminds me of Draft Morning, Notorious Byrds Brothers
4 Last Night – the vocals really get me on this, nicely paced. Archers of Loaf meet the Cars.
6 Deafening – really pro tune, knows where it’s going and gets there on time; kudos M Walker & Co.
12 St. Anthony – pop ballad gets pro treatment, outstanding songwriting and vocals; lead guitar riff reminds me of Strawberry Alarm Clock
13 Uncertainty – catchy instrumental, evolves into Krokus-like finale
15 RnR Brokenhearted –effective use of Rick 12-string; the lead riff and overall feel reminds me of Byrds Preflyte. Congrats Chip, great tune.
17 Barcelona Sunset – smooth, pro instrumental tune could be right off an early Ventures album. Great job.
18 Real People Blues – snappy hook, good beat, vocals reminiscent of ‘70s Lennon vocals. Nice job Kira!
19 When you Walk in the Room – nicely arranged and executed. Another Byrds Preflyte candidate.

All who contributed should be very proud. This is a first-class collection of tunes! :D
electrofaro

Post by electrofaro »

libratune wrote:3 Whiskey Rainclouds – creative waltz tempo; nicely arranged and executed. Latter part reminds me of Draft Morning, Notorious Byrds Brothers
This is the track I listened to first after ripping the album without names - it just said Track3. It's been my fav of the album ever since. It's kind of interesting to listen to the tracks at random, not knowing the song title, or who did it... not being someone who records anything, I wonder how much time went into recording these songs! :D

Return to “Reviews of RickResource Compilation CDs”