Jimmy Buffett

Artists Who Use Rickenbackers

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

wayang

Post by wayang »

One man's sadness is a roomful of Parrotheads' happiness, I s'pose...

'Threw up on my flip-flops...'
I didn't get where I am today by being on time...
ol_reb

Post by ol_reb »

Dang, I can't believe most of y'all don't like Buffett. His music is perfect for Rics. I ain't a Parrothead, but he he has a ton of good music.

Y'all ever heard the album "A1A" from 1974? Or how about "License To Chill" from last year??

Forget about Margaritaville, the guy has some really great work.

Man, y'all don't know what your missing if you haven't heard "Window On The World" or his cover of Jerry Jeff Walkers "Boats To Build" or his cover of the Grateful Deads "Scarlet Begonias" and even him with Martina Mcbride "Trip Around The Sun".
Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist.
kcole4001

Post by kcole4001 »

My new word for 2006: Parrotheads!!! Image
I love it. Thank you once again, o great Dane (not the dog)! You always have the wittiest replies.
This year's Christmas/New Year gigs were all about parrotheads.
And sorry David, but Margaritaville (which I had to play AGAIN) is up there on my top 5 most hated songs list, so I never even tried to listen to any Buffett (willingly).
Plus five minus five!
j_gary
Intermediate Member

Post by j_gary »

Lets see, money + hunnies + food, hmmmmm.........

Sean, could you send me the music? I'm in!

I'm sorry Lord, please feed all the pygmy's in Africa.
I'm just happy to be here.
Rickytone

Re: Jimmy Buffett

Post by Rickytone »

Jimmy still has the 1987 360/12 FG he used on the 1990 Feeding frenzy concert tour. It follows Jim on the tour and occasionally comes out on stage. His Martin and Fender Tele do get a lot more stage time. He uses Rickenbacker strings on it.
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Rickytone wrote:Jimmy still has the 1987 360/12 FG he used on the 1990 Feeding frenzy concert tour. It follows Jim on the tour and occasionally comes out on stage. His Martin and Fender Tele do get a lot more stage time. He uses Rickenbacker strings on it.
Very cool! I don't doubt you for a second, but can you share how you know?

Now that I'm looking at that photo again, it sure seems to have 21 frets, toasters, and Klusons. Could it have been a special run for 1987? I always thought it was a 60's 360/12.
Lefty4003S8
Intermediate Member

Post by Lefty4003S8 »

NOT a fan.....NOT a "Parrot Head" (Good GOD!!!!) :roll:

I don't care what guitar he plays!!!!!!
Do not drink from the toilet when taking Lyrica
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Lefty4003S8 wrote:NOT a fan.....NOT a "Parrot Head" (Good GOD!!!!) :roll:

Party poopers! Every now and then I have to set the prog aside for a while and relax and have fun. JB is perfect for that! Although if you've never tailgated for one of his concerts, I shouldn't expect you to understand LOL
wints
Veteran RRF member

Post by wints »

jdogric12 wrote:

Party poopers! Every now and then I have to set the prog aside for a while and relax and have fun. JB is perfect for that! Although if you've never tailgated for one of his concerts, I shouldn't expect you to understand LOL
You can take the boy out of Florida, but... :lol:

Not musical related but..

JB used to stay at my old place of work when in town. I had an old chair rehab exercise I use to goof around with clients, and one day as we raced around the property, we were stopped by some guy asking what we were doing! After my guy explained we all shared a joke and he went on his way. He seems like a fun guy I mentioned, (oblivious to who he was,) only to be promptly told that's because he's Jimmy Buffett!
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

wints wrote:
jdogric12 wrote:

You can take the boy out of Florida, but... :lol:

Not musical related but..

JB used to stay at my old place of work when in town. I had an old chair rehab exercise I use to goof around with clients, and one day as we raced around the property, we were stopped by some guy asking what we were doing! After my guy explained we all shared a joke and he went on his way. He seems like a fun guy I mentioned, (oblivious to who he was,) only to be promptly told that's because he's Jimmy Buffett!
I wouldn't have thought it were possible, but Andy, you just got even cooler.

Return to “Rickenbacker Artists”