Artists Who Use Rickenbackers

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

godber
Advanced Member

Re: Pugwash

Post by godber »

godber wrote:
tmossman wrote:
godber wrote:Wow Thomas, I'm really loving that sound. I'm straight onto Ape to get some of that - what should I start with?
I know you didn't ask me but "Eleven Modern Antiquities" a stunning disc. It gets regular playtime with me.

Oh yeah, welcome Thomas.
Cheers Todd!

..and ordered. :D
Pugwalsh

Post by Pugwalsh »

Thanks for the very kind welcomes guys!! Yes that's Neil Hannon popping his head in and out of shot in the 'At The Sea' video. Well spotted, though we have had quite nice success with our cricket-pop shennanigans recently (The Duckworth Lewis Method) so we've been moonlighting on each others projects!! Neil plays and sings quite beautifully all over "Eleven Modern Antiquities" which, by the way, APE are re-issuing as new early 2010, with new artwork too!!

Here's me Ric again.....(I just love showing it off!!)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bgVwfeCgZKQ&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bgVwfeCgZKQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

T.
atomic_punk

Post by atomic_punk »

Great stuff! Goes to show you well-written songs, melody and harmony never goes out of style! I am really enjoying that one!
"They make great f***'n basses". - Lemmy, NAMM 2009
Pugwalsh

Post by Pugwalsh »

Thank you Steve..... :wink:

T.
86kubicki
Advanced Member

Post by 86kubicki »

Thomas - any chance we'll see you on this side of the pond in the not too distant future?
kennyhowes
Veteran RRF member

Post by kennyhowes »

Late to the party here...Pugwash! Nice stuff! Will keep an eye out.
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

Sorry I'm late to this one, too. Yes, very nice work! That last one was good to wake up in the morning with. 8)
All I wanna do is rock!
tmossman

Post by tmossman »

For those of you are are enjoying the Pugwash, don't skip over the above mentioned side project The Duckworth Lewis Method. An entire disc written about a sport incomprehensible US sports fans but excellent never the less. Test Match Special and The Age of Revolution are particularly awesome.

Meeting Mr Miandad

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t3JA-417V_M&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t3JA-417V_M&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Great music, Thomas!!! :D

Welcome!!! :D I too, would like to know if you'll make it to Cleveland, Ohio, one of these days?
janglerocker

Post by janglerocker »

Wow, I can't believe I started this thread and THOMAS WALSH got wind of it and joined the forum! Welcome indeed, Thomas. I received Giddy last week and am enjoying it daily. Can't wait to get my hands on 11 Modern Antiquities. How 'bout some tabs 'n such? I've got most of "nice to be nice" down but I'd really like to figure out Anyone who Asks.
Pugwalsh

Post by Pugwalsh »

Hi Dan!! Thanks for buying the music and thanks for starting my very own thread here.....I'm so honoured!!
But.....please, please don't ask for tabs as I'm what's known in the music game as..an idiot!! :-)

I write the songs, I write the words translates as I make up me own chord styles and I write mad but true life stories!! All very silly but I love what I do, just wish I was more of a 'technical' geezer. Do you want to know what gear I have? My 1967 Ric, a VOX AC30 and an original Novatron!! Minimal I know but I only go for the cool stuff :wink:

My beloved Novatron

It's not mine but a close friends!!

T.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Novatron? I know the Mellotron; is this a variation of it?
tmossman

Post by tmossman »

jps wrote:Novatron? I know the Mellotron; is this a variation of it?
A Novotron is a Mellotron M400 re-labeled as they went through business issues (money and trademarks).
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Thanks, Todd. :)
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

what a pleasant,wonderful surprise for my saturday morning! thanks for posting "at the sea",dan! and thanks for creating it,thomas! i've watched all the other videe's posted now,and will be looking for the cd(s) when they're released! i've got to forward this link to van duren,he's gonna love this,if he doesn't already know about it..... just really great songs!

Return to “Rickenbacker Artists”