Go Go's

Artists Who Use Rickenbackers

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

suedehead71

Go Go's

Post by suedehead71 »

lovely guitarist (and long-time crush) Jane Wiedlin, with her little Rick. don't recall ever seeing videos with this guitar in it, though..

i will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, de-briefed, or numbered.
johnnysain

Re: Go Go's

Post by johnnysain »

Yeah, that's an early pic with the original bassist.

I do remember her with that guitar. I saw them before and after they became famous (London 1980 & NYC 1982).

In London, in a basement of a pub, they were pelted with beer and spit. Admission was 1 pound.
Rickenbacker player since 1978
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

That's a very early photo, with the band's original bassist, Margot Olaverra, in the backround, before Kathy Valentine joined the band. Wiedlin probably sold it and bought something else.
collin

Post by collin »

Nice. 8)

I don't care what anyone says..."We've got the Beat" is a killer, killer pop song.
antipodean

Post by antipodean »

When they came to Australia their management hadn't realised that the crowd that frequented the venues they had booked weren't the preteens responsible for their record sales. It was an unmitigated disaster... but that's management for ya!
"I don't want to sound incredulous but I can't believe it" Rex Mossop
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

collin wrote:Nice. 8)

I don't care what anyone says..."We've got the Beat" is a killer, killer pop song.
+1! :)
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
suedehead71

Post by suedehead71 »

collin wrote:Nice. 8)

that whole first record is pretty strong. so is "talk show," but the second one, "vacation" is patchy. i give them points for writing their own stuff at a time when an all-girl group doing so was still something of a rarity. and bonus points to Jane for co-writing "our lips are sealed" with eSpecials?Fun Boy Three/Colourfield/Vegas front man Terry Hall.
i will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, de-briefed, or numbered.
fabandgear

Post by fabandgear »

Wow! Jane with a Rick! And I thought she was adorable with her Gretsch Silver Jet!
"When I kill, its on direct orders from Her Majesty's government." -007

Return to “Rickenbacker Artists”