Weller with 360/12C63?

Artists Who Use Rickenbackers

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

ocean81

Re: Weller with 360/12C63?

Post by ocean81 »

godber wrote:
Trav wrote:Great photos Mark, thanks 8) . Craddock just gets better and better, when I saw him in May he played with such ease. The scratch plates on that guitar have white edgeing, how's that?
It's 2-ply black on white - with a bevelled edge so that the white shows nicely. I read somewhere that they were painted black, but I've seen close up shots where the black layer has at least 1mm depth.

I made a set for mine too. :D

Hello everyone!!
I have a black PickGuard 330 like you!
Now I'm looking for the TRC :(
Not easy...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/frankruspa ... otostream/
Cheers!
electrofaro

Post by electrofaro »

godber wrote:Image
Why the ugly P sticker, though? :?:
'67 Fender Coronado II CAB * '17 1963 ES-335 PB * currently rickless
godber
Advanced Member

Post by godber »

Wildberry wrote:
godber wrote:
Why the ugly P sticker, though? :?:
Homage.

scotty

Post by scotty »

The same reason Peter buck put a stupid trucker's playmate sticker on his.
electrofaro

Post by electrofaro »

scotty wrote:The same reason Peter buck put a stupid trucker's playmate sticker on his.
There's a difference between class and stupidity, Peter Buck only does the former... Now this Jam guitar seems to be a Portishead fan :shock:
Folkie
Advanced Member

Post by Folkie »

Beautiful guitars and nice clips, but, as is so often the case, the 12-string is buried in the mix. I'd say "crank up that amp!" so we can hear more chime and sparkle. :wink:
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

scotty wrote:The same reason Peter buck put a stupid trucker's playmate sticker on his.
Amen; when those hideous bimbo sticker silhouettes are applied to mudflaps, I call them "bimboflaps."

A classic pinup sticker is cool, a la Setzer on his Gretsch, but a reflective, diamond pattern silhouette sticker of a female with ridiculously extreme proportions is just tacky.
There is no reason to ever be bored.

...why yes, I suppose I do have a double bound guitar fetish...

"Uh, I like the double bounds. . . ."
bobbolux

Post by bobbolux »

Weller is still the epitome of cool.....except for that drunken melt down on the streets of Prague a couple years back.
electrofaro

Post by electrofaro »

paologregorio wrote:A classic pinup sticker is cool, a la Setzer on his Gretsch
A classic pin-up sticker looks cheap and is boring as hell, imo...

I wonder what Weller, Buck or Setzer think about their stickered guitars - maybe they just keep them on them for nostalgic purposes?
The_Boys

Post by The_Boys »

Electrostring wrote:
paologregorio wrote:A classic pinup sticker is cool, a la Setzer on his Gretsch
A classic pin-up sticker looks cheap and is boring as hell, imo...

I wonder what Weller, Buck or Setzer think about their stickered guitars - maybe they just keep them on them for nostalgic purposes?
Well I keep the weller sticker on my 330 cos if I scraped it off I'd lose about 95% of the guitar's value!! Plus I do think it's quite iconic. Nothing wrong with a bit of nostalgia :D
The_Boys

Post by The_Boys »

bobbolux wrote:Weller is still the epitome of cool.....except for that drunken melt down on the streets of Prague a couple years back.
Even when collapsed drunk and unconscious on the pavement, I swear that dude somehow still managed to look cool...
The_Boys

Post by The_Boys »

godber wrote:
Trav wrote:Great photos Mark, thanks 8) . Craddock just gets better and better, when I saw him in May he played with such ease. The scratch plates on that guitar have white edgeing, how's that?
It's 2-ply black on white - with a bevelled edge so that the white shows nicely. I read somewhere that they were painted black, but I've seen close up shots where the black layer has at least 1mm depth.

I made a set for mine too. :D

Mark that looks SO cool. Where did you get the black scrachplate?
Chris P

Post by Chris P »

I saw Steve playing the black Ricky quite a lot. I believe Noel Gallagher also has one. The white one with a P. I believe i saw him playing that too! :)
The_Boys

Post by The_Boys »

Chris P wrote:I saw Steve playing the black Ricky quite a lot. I believe Noel Gallagher also has one. The white one with a P. I believe i saw him playing that too! :)
Indeed. According to Noel, Weller gave it to him on his 30th birthday.

In an interview not so long ago Weller said he had hardly any Riccys left from the Jam days, as he'd sold or given away most of them. It would be very interesting to know where they've all gone. I know where "I Am Nobody" is, and "The Boys", and we know Noel Gallagher has the white one and Steve Cradock has the all-black one. But where did the others go? Anyone know? For example, legend has it that "Carnaby Street" eventually became "Whaam" - can anyone verify this? And where is "Whaam" now? I'm guessing Weller still has that one (he's playing it in the promo video for Peacock Suit). But there must be a couple more FG 330's, and the red one he's playing in the promo for "In The City". Then there's the maple one.

Anyone got a list of all the Riccys Weller had during The Jam? I once saw a photo of them all together. There must have been a good dozen of them.
David Watts

Post by David Watts »

I remember a picture of him playing a 360F.
Maybe it was not during the Jam years but after...
Now it belongs to Gem Archer.
http://www.gemarchergear.com/

Return to “Rickenbacker Artists”