I wanted to share this with you

Artists Who Use Rickenbackers

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

slackdaddybj

I wanted to share this with you

Post by slackdaddybj »

Hello All, I wanted to share a tune that was released today. I am playing a 1989 Rickenbacker 4003 bass on this track. The band initially teased me saying "You can't play country on a Rickenbacker" but I think they were happy with the results! I would love to hear what you think of it.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/premi ... m-20141024
rickaddict

Re: I wanted to share this with you

Post by rickaddict »

Welcome to the forum, Bryan!

I think your bass sounds excellent on that track. I'm a big fan of the late 80's 4003's. Great tone, great necks...great basses.

Thanks for sharing.

I'm a fan, BTW. I've been to see Cracker several times. It's been a few years, but I've been to a few shows and enjoyed them all.

8)
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Yes, great tone for sure!

Welcome to the RRF!
8) :D
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
rickaddict

Post by rickaddict »

And, BTW Bryan...I sincerely hope that the next time someone says: "You can't play X on a Rickenbacker," you administer a vomit-inducing slug to their gut in short order.

8)
slackdaddybj

Post by slackdaddybj »

Thanks so much! It was my first session with that bass (my pride and joy). They have never asked me to switch! By the way, it was recorded through an Ampeg B-15.
Slackdaddy

Post by Slackdaddy »

Kiddwad57
Intermediate Member

Post by Kiddwad57 »

Thanks for sharing Bryan, its always nice to see vids of live performances. Band sounds great! You can't get more Roots Americana than Rickenbacker, at least with an amplifier. What are you playing through live these days?
Don't let democracy end democracy.
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Huge fan here. Sounds great, thanks for sharing! I had no idea you guys were up to something. I'll be sure to get the rekkid!
Slackdaddy

Post by Slackdaddy »

Kiddwad57 wrote:Thanks for sharing Bryan, its always nice to see vids of live performances. Band sounds great! You can't get more Roots Americana than Rickenbacker, at least with an amplifier. What are you playing through live these days?
I play through David's Ampeg SVT head and a 4X10 Ampeg cabinet.
Slackdaddy

Post by Slackdaddy »

jdogric12 wrote:Huge fan here. Sounds great, thanks for sharing! I had no idea you guys were up to something. I'll be sure to get the rekkid!
Newest release was last year. 2-Disc album called "Berkeley to Bakersfield". First disc is more rock and the second disc is more country. We will be hitting the road again starting in April.

Return to “Rickenbacker Artists”