Roxette

Artists Who Use Rickenbackers

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

jps
RRF Consultant

Roxette

Post by jps »

I have not heard of them (or I don't remember them), although the video does look familiar, maybe I posted this a long time ago. :mrgreen:

Nice to see a Dino getting some respect, too (sort of), and it is not the ubiquitous GTS version. 8)
T28

Re: Roxette

Post by T28 »

Had a very productive 4-5 year run with quite a few major hits, then they kinda disappeared.
Not sure why or what the story might be. Now I am gonna have to go dig a bit.
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

I think they're one of a very few (or ONLY) act that had a RIC poster, but not a signature model. Looks like they sadly just announced no more live shows due to Marie's health.
aceonbass
Veteran RRF member

Post by aceonbass »

Fortunately Roxette will still record new material. Like A-Ha, and many other great European bands from the 80's, Roxette never really went away outside the US. Cuz what's on the radio these days here is SO awesome.... :roll:
antipodean

Post by antipodean »

aceonbass wrote: Cuz what's on the radio these days here is SO awesome.... :roll:
Do people actually listen to the radio these days? I thought eveyone creeked their music on this interweb thingy we're using.
"I don't want to sound incredulous but I can't believe it" Rex Mossop
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

I think the last time I turned on the radio was sometime around the end of November 2012.
squirebass
Veteran RRF member

Post by squirebass »

jps wrote:I think the last time I turned on the radio was sometime around the end of November 2012.
Man, I listen to the radio ALL the time these days, although there is plenty to listen to via Spotify and my trusty 8 track player :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Here in Dallas we have two listener sponsored stations, KXXT, which is a music version somehow related to or affiliated with NPR. They play non-stop music, with some really great artist interview/genre exploration type shows on Sunday evenings. Then we have KNON, which has been going since about 1981 and features everything from old blues, Zydeco, Punk, Death Metal, Reggae, Rockabilly, Dead, Latin Energy, Rap, Hip Hop, Native American Dances and "outlaw country".

Every time my 16 yo gets into the car, he plugs his phone into the radidio, cranks out stuff from the interwebs, oftentimes some really GOOD stuff!

You can even listen in here: http://tunein.com/radio/KNON-893-s34345/

http://kxt.org/

But thanks for posting the Roxette video, I hadn't heard that since about 1986 or whenever it came out, enjoyed it!
cheyenne
Veteran RRF member

Post by cheyenne »

I listen to radio, but I usually shut if off in frustration. Most artists have such a huge catalog of music they've recorded, but radio only plays one or two songs and then they play them over and over until your ready to wretch your guts out.

I listen to a lot of Pandora these days.
"Knowledge is Power"
Ric5150

Post by Ric5150 »

I'm still not burned out on the new-ish XM Tom Petty Radio station. I think I have everything they've ever released on my iPhone but they play a lot of live versions and TP & HB live covers I hadn't heard and a lot of stuff by bands who influenced them. Forced me to finally buy some JJ Cole CDs - something I've been meaning to look into for years but never gotten around to....
Life is suffering; the cause of suffering is desire. Envy is a deadly sin. Save your soul, go ahead and buy another one....

Return to “Rickenbacker Artists”