Greg Lake passed

Artists Who Use Rickenbackers

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

xpitt
Intermediate Member

Greg Lake passed

Post by xpitt »

Another one of the great generation of prog rockers, very sad.
jps
RRF Consultant

Re: Greg Lake passed

Post by jps »

R.I.P. Greg.

Interesting timing, so to speak, given he had just recently had an interview in BP magazine. No comment on him being sick, or anything like that.
Kiddwad57
Intermediate Member

Post by Kiddwad57 »

My brother brought home that first ELP album. Listened to it a lot then and recently downloaded it from the public library collection. It was nice to hear again. Led me back to early Crimson. Saw him on the 2001 Ringo Starr tour that also included Ian Hunter and was pretty awesome. R.I.P. Mr. Lake.
Don't let democracy end democracy.
redamber

Post by redamber »

Having first seen Keith Emerson with 'The Nice' in Belfast in 1968 (a 'pop' concert for which I was wholly unprepared and somewhat overwhelmed), I then moved on to Emerson, Lake & Palmer. Whilst their music may now seem pretentious and bombastic, this was the music of the 'prog-rock' era - and there were few bands better than the mighty ELP!

Now we have lost both Keith and Greg within a few months of each other.

RIP, gentlemen - despite your well-publicised differences, you were giants in the evolution of rock music!
Santa visits only once a year, but Santa Ana delivers Rics all year round.
squirebass
Veteran RRF member

Post by squirebass »

I never knew any of these folks were even suffering illness. So sorry to hear of Keith's and Greg's passing. Bought the Trilogy album when I was in high school, it was something that changed my life, and later enjoyed Brain Salad Surgery as well during my college years....

I had the opportunity to meet Eric Johnson in a nightclub I worked at back in the early 1980's -- he came into the darkened club in late afternoon and seated himself at the piano on the stage. The music he played was the title cut from ELP's Trilogy album, beautifully and flawlessly performed...

Rest in Peace, and my warmest wishes to those family members

Return to “Rickenbacker Artists”