1970 360 bridge buzz

Setup, repair and restoration of Rickenbacker Instruments

Moderator: jingle_jangle

mmcramer3434

1970 360 bridge buzz

Post by mmcramer3434 »

Couple questions about my 360. My G string buzzes all the time. I looks like the saddle is not sitting on the bridge plate and just hanging on the screw. Suggestions? Also, the toggle switch seems to pop out of position, i.e. if in the up or neck pick up position it will pop down to the center positon. Can I somehow tighten something or adjust something to keep it in postion or just get a new one. I would rather keep the original but...... All suggestions are welcomed. Thanks!!
Mr. C

LIfe without a Ric would be.....Ricless
jdawe

Re: 1970 360 bridge buzz

Post by jdawe »

The toggle switch issue can very likely be solved with some judicious and gentle bending of the contact plates. If you take off the pickguard and look closely at the switch you should be able to see how it works - everything is right out in the open. You'll see that when the switch is in the up (neck) position the inside end of the toggle is pressing against a metal plate and moving it far enough away from a second plate to break the contact between them. Bending this outer plate very slightly with some needle nose pliers should allow the switch to stay locked in position. I had this exact problem with my 75 430 some years ago and this fix worked for me.

I've never dealt with your saddle problem but would start by trying to shim it with a small piece of folded up paper jammed under the problem saddle. More knowledgeable members may have a better idea.
mmcramer3434

Re: 1970 360 bridge buzz

Post by mmcramer3434 »

Thanks for the info. I will look at the switch and see if a little bending will solve the problem. Still working on the buzz, but interesting idea of the shim. I'll post when I have some news to share. :D
Mr. C

LIfe without a Ric would be.....Ricless

Return to “"Vibrola" Rickenbacker Technical Forum: By Paul Wilczynski”