Mastery Bridge

Setup, repair and restoration of Rickenbacker Instruments

Moderator: jingle_jangle

Jubal81

Re: Mastery Bridge

Post by Jubal81 »

Put one on my 620 today and had about an hour to play with it equipped. The installation went quite quickly and it was really a breeze to intonate. There were a couple issues with my order but I'm going to wait until I can contact the company before posting about them.

First impression: No rattles or problems, and it is a somewhat noticeable 'fuller' sound which I really dig.
Pimpernel Smith

Post by Pimpernel Smith »

From having read these discussions, I was convinced to purchase a Mastery bridge fro my Ric 330.

My main reason was to eliminate the various buzzes and rattles. I combined the upgrade with a purchase of a Harp tail piece from Winfield Vintage. I was fed up with using the original tail piece and the blind insertion of the strings and the various forms of trying to keep the strings within the bottom of the tail piece when changing strings. Well that nonsense is over.
Simplicity now rules.

As to the Mastery bridge, this was a bit pricey, but I believe that has brought out beautiful tones of the instrument while cutting the buzzes to nil. Oddly, the unwanted sympathetic vibrations from between the bridge and the tail piece have vanished as well. I'd recommend both pieces.
pesimax

Post by pesimax »

Hey gang, Wow has it been nearly two years since I first posted this topic up. Just thought I'd say after living with it for all this time that I really like the mastery, it does add a fullness and I'd buy it again if for any reason it broke. Mine took little work to get it set up with a great action.

Hope you are all well!
Jubal81

Post by Jubal81 »

pesimax wrote:Hey gang, Wow has it been nearly two years since I first posted this topic up. Just thought I'd say after living with it for all this time that I really like the mastery, it does add a fullness and I'd buy it again if for any reason it broke. Mine took little work to get it set up with a great action.

Hope you are all well!
I'm coming up on one year with mine and I feel the same way. Sounds great and works great without a single rattle or problem of any kind.

Return to “"Vibrola" Rickenbacker Technical Forum: By Paul Wilczynski”