Toaster Pickup Question

Setup, repair and restoration of Rickenbacker Instruments

Moderator: jingle_jangle

bowser2533

Toaster Pickup Question

Post by bowser2533 »

Installed my toaster pickups i ordered from rickenbacker. I measured the ohms and one measures 6.8 and the other 6.5. The sound killer on my 360/12.Thought they were to be around 7.5 or so. Any input on this. Thanks Gary. I had them checked twice. There just a tad on the brite side tho.
cjj
RRF Moderator

Re: Toaster Pickup Question

Post by cjj »

Did you measure them before or after you installed them?
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
bowser2533

Post by bowser2533 »

Yes I did measure them. Gary
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Gary the device you use for measurement and whether the pickups are in or out of the instrument's circuit may account for the discrepancy.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
bowser2533

Post by bowser2533 »

I measured them both be for i put em in and after got the same readings. I guess it doesnt really matter i was just curious thats all. They sound way better to my ear than the hi gains the the guitar was shipped with. Thank you all for your input. Gary
soundmasterg
RRF Consultant

Post by soundmasterg »

The measurement of DC resistance depends on the accuracy of your meter, and also on the temperature. The reading will change with temperature, with colder temps showing a lower DC resistance. The "standard" is generally around 72 degrees farenheit I think....and the device under test (in this case your pickup) needs to be at that temp as does your meter.

Greg

Return to “"Vibrola" Rickenbacker Technical Forum: By Paul Wilczynski”