Where can I take my bass for repairs in Nashville?

Setup, repair and restoration of Rickenbacker Instruments

Moderator: jingle_jangle

acooper

Where can I take my bass for repairs in Nashville?

Post by acooper »

Hi all,

I'm in Nashville, TN and I need to know where I can take my Rickenbacker to get it repaired. It is not under warrenty anymore, so I can't send it in to Rickenbacker. I have a 4001S C series with a broken high end trust rod, so I really need someone who knows what they are doing. Any suggestions? I'd even be willing to ship it off somewhere if I could get a good reference.

Thanks!
marcinkus
Veteran RRF member

Re: Where can I take my bass for repairs in Nashville?

Post by marcinkus »

Hi, just keep in mind that a broken trussrod can be easily replaced... no need to remove the fretboard.
'96 4004C | '98 4003 | '00 4003vp | '05 4003 Custom | '08 4004Cii | '16 4000 Conversion
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Just buy a replacement from RIC or one of their dealers and you can take out the old one and put the new one in yourself.
acooper

Post by acooper »

Okay cool. How do you get it out of there without removing the fretboard?
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

The rods slide outs from the headstock but you will have to remove the pickguard to gain access to the acorn nuts at that end of the rod to remove it. Jaymi Millard is in the Nashville area and is extremely experienced with Rick and how to work on them, perhaps he can help you out. 8)

If you need more info you can also check out Joey's Bass Notes, there should be a tutorial on his site on working on the rods.

Return to “"Vibrola" Rickenbacker Technical Forum: By Paul Wilczynski”