Phase switching with HiGains?

Setup, repair and restoration of Rickenbacker Instruments

Moderator: jingle_jangle

Dom

Phase switching with HiGains?

Post by Dom »

This is for my Red 350. The other 350 needs a just place for it's repair and is on hold as I build a workshop/studio once I'm done with the backyard, after I finish the kitchen which is almost done. Amazingly I may have time to revamp the electronics of my Red 350 by moving the controls N stuff*. Can you isolate the ground or something with a HiGain so you can go out of phase without creating buzz when you touch the pickups & mounting screws? I'm thinking of covering up the screws with electrical tape & considered using plasti dip because the pickups are black..both options are kinda crude and could fail. Tried an out of phase HiGain on the 370 & though it sounded great but it had horrid buzz when you touched them. I know they aren't designed to be out of phase but I loves me some HiGains...& love out of phase. Just realized I wanted to post this in pickups..oops.

*Going with a master volume master tone push pull closest to the bridge. Pull up & the vol circuit cuts out allowing more signal to pass. Volume & tone knob sweeps right as close as they can be to the bridge. This & add the mid scoop/boost Torres push pull (versatile & sweet for slide! Got an LP tone yesterday) then a bass contour control which is a Hi pass filter. Blend too. Really wanna do series/parallel & out of phase. Cheers!

Return to “"Vibrola" Rickenbacker Technical Forum: By Paul Wilczynski”