Ric o sound jack wired backwards?

Setup, repair and restoration of Rickenbacker Instruments

Moderator: jingle_jangle

tinman 1967

Ric o sound jack wired backwards?

Post by tinman 1967 »

Just a quick question to you experts here. I was messing around with my 360 tonight, decided to try the Ric o sound output. Problem seems to be that I'm getting the neck output through the amp I'm using for the bridge pick up . The same holds true for the bridge pick up, seems to come through the amp I'm using for the neck. I checked the operation of all the controls, everything works properly( toggle down, operates bridge pickup , tone and volume work fine) toggle up (neck pickup and tone and volume work fine) I checked my 4003 and it operates as it should( I thought I was losing my mind!) also, the 360 in mono operates as it should. I'm thinking that it's just the stereo output jack is wired backwards? Should I swap the 2 wires on each side of the jack? Thoughts? Thank you!
aceonbass
Veteran RRF member

Re: Ric o sound jack wired backwards?

Post by aceonbass »

Pictures please! I know well how these are wired, and should be able to figure it out from a couple of sharp close ups.
tinman 1967

Re: Ric o sound jack wired backwards?

Post by tinman 1967 »

Thanks Ace ! I will post up pics for you tonight! As I said , the controls on the guitar operate as they should, it's just that the 2 signals seem to be leaving the guitar opposite from wich they should be. Thank again!

Return to “"Vibrola" Rickenbacker Technical Forum: By Paul Wilczynski”