Modern Rickenbacker finish question

Setup, repair and restoration of Rickenbacker Instruments

Moderator: jingle_jangle

cheyenne
Veteran RRF member

Modern Rickenbacker finish question

Post by cheyenne »

Since Rickenbacker no longer uses the conversion varnish finish, I was wondering if "finish melt" is still a problem when using cheaper guitar stands?

I picked up some guitar hangers from Musician Friends "stupid deal of the day", and have been hanging all my basses, but I'm a little hesitant about hanging my Rickenbacker. The brand is called "Jamstands" If thats any help.
"Knowledge is Power"
maxwell

Re: Modern Rickenbacker finish question

Post by maxwell »

Well, if this were my guitar, I'd just make a couple of small "socks" to slip over the left and right guitar supporting portions of the hanger. Little tubes. Cloth would be nice, but quickly rolling, taping, and trimming the length of paper would be an easy fix (precaution). Or just wrap each side with say, a 1/2-inch width of painter's tape or even just paper (or cloth) and then a small piece of Scotch tape to secure the end of the wrap. (Use your imagination, use the color of your choice.) Well, there's a big difference in all regards between a $200 Squier and a $2000 Rick. I'd take the simple precaution. My two cents.

Return to “"Vibrola" Rickenbacker Technical Forum: By Paul Wilczynski”