Measurement Needed

Exceptional restoration is in the details

Moderator: jingle_jangle

Matt Haskins

Measurement Needed

Post by Matt Haskins »

I need a quick measurement if anyone would be kind enough. I'm building a hybrid of a Telecaster with the appointments of a 660 (toasters, Ric bridge, neck-through construction, etc). What I would like to know is the height of the fretboard above the body on a 660. (See the picture below if I'm not being clear about what I'm asking). I don't own a Ric right now and I don't like to walk into guitar shops with calipers in hand and start measureing guitars. (Trust me, the guys that work in the guitar shops don't like it when I do it either). Now I know I can calculate this when the bridge I ordered arrives but that's going to be a while. I was hoping to finish up some of the planning before it comes in the mail.

doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Re: Measurement Needed

Post by doctorwho »

Not an easy measurement to take, but here is the average (n = 5) measurement on my 660/12TP JG: 0.712" (18.095 mm). This is the distance from the top of the body to the top edge of the neck binding.
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
Matt Haskins

Post by Matt Haskins »

doctorwho wrote:Not an easy measurement to take, but here is the average (n = 5) measurement on my 660/12TP JG: 0.712" (18.095 mm). This is the distance from the top of the body to the top edge of the neck binding.
Thanks for going to the trouble of measuring that for me doctorwho. It was very kind of you.
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

8)
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca

Return to “Reflections of a Curmudgeon: by Paul Wilczynski”