TODAY IS JULIANA'S #15...

Exceptional restoration is in the details

Moderator: jingle_jangle

jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Re: TODAY IS JULIANA'S #15...

Post by jingle_jangle »

Thanks, everyone!

Party was a raging success in four phases determined by weather, time of day, and guest mix.

First (early afternoon)--sunny and warm, lots of people on the patio, tons of food, live bossa nova courtesy of Dalia's brother Adroaldo and local musician Lau. Weird Brazil/Tiki/Hawaii theme. Everybody got lei'd...

Phase 2--5ish--the fog rolled in from over the Pacific and within ten minutes the temperature had dropped at least 15 degrees. Hardy souls remained outdoors and the Chris Huson Trio played (bossa nova again, do you detect a pattern here?) for about 90 minutes until Chris' fingers froze.

Phase 3--open mike--more bossa nova indoors with the Trio and Adroaldo doing a Jobim tribute, arguing over lyrics. The Brazilians won. Momma-in-law treated us to some well-received Barrelhouse Bolero; selections from her 5th CD. (I am convinced that she learned piano from Louis Gottschalk's hand-cut rolls, which are on display in Rio...)

More food, drinks, coffee. Happy Birthday and cake cutting at 6.

Phase 4--2/3 of the Joan Getz Trio turns up about 8:30 p.m. following a gig somewhere in West Marin. Oh, yeah, more bossa, this time with Joan Dalia, and Juliana on vocals, Adroaldo and Glenn on nylon-stringed acoustic and Gary on Yamaha 5-string bass--gotta get my 5 string Rick project together. More food, drinks, cake, coffee. Party breaks up @1:30 a.m.

My Dominican Churchill lasted for many hours...I am very sore today due to oxygen deprivation and lugging 130 pounds of ice and equal amount of wine, beer, and soft drinks up the long flight of front steps to the house and patio.

Next year is Sweet Sixteen... :cry: :cry: :cry:
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Ah, but you've got plenty of practice now!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Glad to hear it was a success. Sounds like a great time!
8)
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
kenposurf
RRF Consultant

Post by kenposurf »

Happy Birthday to your young one Paul!
cassius987

Post by cassius987 »

Happy (belated) birthday, Juliana!
shamustwin

Post by shamustwin »

Happy belated! She's a sweetheart.
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Geez time flies! I can't believe she's 15 already. Seems like yesterday she was a little kids making dust bunnies out the newly laid carpeting at a NAMM show!
I wished her a Happy Birthday on her Facebook on her birthday. Same birthday as my mother.
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
opticnerve
Advanced Member

Post by opticnerve »

Happy belated birthday to Juliana!
jwilli
RRF Consultant

Post by jwilli »

Happy belated, Juliana. 15? I don't believe it. Hold it, my son just turned 14, I do believe it. Congratulations! :P

Return to “Reflections of a Curmudgeon: by Paul Wilczynski”