Another Back Yard Ricken Jam and BBQ

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Some friends brought over an arsenal of amplifiers and Rickenbackers and their assorted talents :) so we had a BBQ and Rickenbacker jam session and a lot of fun singing old favorite songs .... nice way to spend a September afternoon in Southern Calif.

in addition to a few pictures I took, I would like to thank Diane, Lori, Nick and Frank for pictures they posted on Facebook which I poached for this thread. Some of the pictures of the backline of amps and guitars on stands are similar.

Batch 1:
Attachments
Because there's no such thing as too-much Tone ...  the Snowman brought a couple of "stacks", the Vox AC 15 and the HiWatt
Because there's no such thing as too-much Tone ... the Snowman brought a couple of "stacks", the Vox AC 15 and the HiWatt
Another photo of the backline ....
Another photo of the backline ....
Joey had just finished helping with the P.A. set-up and was contemplating the quiet moment before all those amps were fired up ...
Joey had just finished helping with the P.A. set-up and was contemplating the quiet moment before all those amps were fired up ...
Paulie's Big Red on the left, Joey's JetGlo Set Neck with a RIHS pickup, Joey's classic 4001 and Rich's 4003 FG with flatwounds and the Snowman's customized 330 WB with the Paul W deep red FG finish
Paulie's Big Red on the left, Joey's JetGlo Set Neck with a RIHS pickup, Joey's classic 4001 and Rich's 4003 FG with flatwounds and the Snowman's customized 330 WB with the Paul W deep red FG finish
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Batch 2 --- Another Back Yard Ricken Jam and BBQ Sept 16, 2017
Another view of some of the guitars in reserve ...
Another view of some of the guitars in reserve ...
Guitars anyone ?   The Daphne Blue 480, a 650 Atlantis, the 370 WB, Paulie's Les Paul, Rich's 360-12VP and Gary's BurgundlyGlo 460
Guitars anyone ? The Daphne Blue 480, a 650 Atlantis, the 370 WB, Paulie's Les Paul, Rich's 360-12VP and Gary's BurgundlyGlo 460
Frank's beautiful V64 Fire Glo sixer on the right, next to the other FireGlo's previously pictured including Joey's 4001, Rich's 4003, Snowman's custom 330 WB
Frank's beautiful V64 Fire Glo sixer on the right, next to the other FireGlo's previously pictured including Joey's 4001, Rich's 4003, Snowman's custom 330 WB
Paulie's Ruby  C63-12 and the Larry Davis' customized Big Red Double Bound and his Vox Handwired AC 30 and some more amps behind... a Vox T-60 Bass amp, Mesa Boogie Studio Caliber DC2 and a Fender Deluxe 90 .....
Paulie's Ruby C63-12 and the Larry Davis' customized Big Red Double Bound and his Vox Handwired AC 30 and some more amps behind... a Vox T-60 Bass amp, Mesa Boogie Studio Caliber DC2 and a Fender Deluxe 90 .....
Vox AC30 CCX with UK Blue Alnicos, a Mesa Boogie Subway, a Vox Valvetronix AD50 and the JetGlo V64-12 string
Vox AC30 CCX with UK Blue Alnicos, a Mesa Boogie Subway, a Vox Valvetronix AD50 and the JetGlo V64-12 string
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Batch 3: Backyard Ricken Jam and BBQ, Sept 16, 2017 in Southern Calif

These are some pictures that others took that I poached from Facebook -
Attachments
Gary on the 460 BurgundyGlo, Rich on the JetGlo 370WB,  Paul S, Nick and Paulie on Big Red
Gary on the 460 BurgundyGlo, Rich on the JetGlo 370WB, Paul S, Nick and Paulie on Big Red
Nichole and Nick figuring out whose doing which vocal parts, Paul S had switched to drums and Paulie with BIg Red
Nichole and Nick figuring out whose doing which vocal parts, Paul S had switched to drums and Paulie with BIg Red
Nichole on vocals, Nick on vocals and Paulie
Nichole on vocals, Nick on vocals and Paulie
Frank on the V64 -six string
Frank on the V64 -six string
Gary on the 360-12VP, Al on drums behind the cymbals, Paul S and Nick on vocals, Paulie on Big Red, Joey on the 4003 and Snowman on the 330 WB
Gary on the 360-12VP, Al on drums behind the cymbals, Paul S and Nick on vocals, Paulie on Big Red, Joey on the 4003 and Snowman on the 330 WB
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Batch 4; Another Back Yard Rickenbacker Jam and BBQ in Southern Calif
Attachments
Paul S sitting in on drums and vocals and Rich's 370 WB neck and headstock
Paul S sitting in on drums and vocals and Rich's 370 WB neck and headstock
The Snowman rocking out .... the maple fret board of the 650 Atlantis is in the background
The Snowman rocking out .... the maple fret board of the 650 Atlantis is in the background
Paulie with Larry Davis customized Double Bound, Big Red
Paulie with Larry Davis customized Double Bound, Big Red
Gary, Rich, Paul S, Nick and Paulie
Gary, Rich, Paul S, Nick and Paulie
Rich, Joey and Mikey tuning up; that's Al B on the drum kit
Rich, Joey and Mikey tuning up; that's Al B on the drum kit
Last edited by 8mileshigher on Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Batch 5 ---- pictures from the Back Yard Jam and BBQ, Saturday Sept 16 in Southern Calif

There will be some more posts, when a few other folks have sent me their pictures from their smart phones
Attachments
One more shot of the FireGlo's all lined up
One more shot of the FireGlo's all lined up
Al's drum kit nestled between the banks of amps
Al's drum kit nestled between the banks of amps
Barbecuing
Barbecuing
Paulie's Ruby C63-12, Big Red and Joey's Set Neck "S" Bass with the Reissue Horseshoe .... and another perspective of our Wall of Sound amps
Paulie's Ruby C63-12, Big Red and Joey's Set Neck "S" Bass with the Reissue Horseshoe .... and another perspective of our Wall of Sound amps
Joey's Bass amp rig and the Snowman's HiWatt and Vox AC15 with cabs
Joey's Bass amp rig and the Snowman's HiWatt and Vox AC15 with cabs
Outstanding vocals by Paul S and Nick H !!
Outstanding vocals by Paul S and Nick H !!
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Re: Another Back Yard Ricken Jam and BBQ

Post by doctorwho »

I will get teh pictures off my camera and post them shortly. :D
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

O.K., got the pictures off the camera and resized.

First Batch.
DSCN1908.jpg
DSCN1909.jpg
DSCN1911.jpg
DSCN1912.jpg
DSCN1914.jpg
Last edited by doctorwho on Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

Second batch,
DSCN1916.jpg
DSCN1917.jpg
DSCN1923.jpg
DSCN1931.jpg
DSCN1932.jpg
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

Third and last set.
DSCN1933.jpg
DSCN1934.jpg
DSCN1935.jpg
DSCN1936.jpg
DSCN1937.jpg
As always, if someone wants a high-res version of one or more of those, PM me and I will be glad to share it.

I do have some videos, so if I can find some time, I may post them on YouTube. No promises. :? 8)
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Thanks for posting the Jam pictures, Gary !! :)

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”