Dave’s Aussie Confluence Adventure.

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

dswp

Post by dswp »

During our trip to the Ocean Road we stopped at the Mornington Peninsula wine country. That area is best known for its’ Pinot Noir and Chardonnay and has about 50 different wineries.

When we were trying to pick out which one to go to, I wanted one that was a true Oz winery. A winery that did not export and thus had no outside influences.

Willow Creek fit the bill. It is a vineyard of 28 acres. All the grapes grown there are made into wine on site (Estate Wine). They do bring in other vineyard’s grapes to process as well.They had about 14 different Estate bottles in the tasting room, in which we did try them all. All were good, but it was no surprise that the Chardonnay and Pinot Noir were the best.

Only the tasting room and restaurants were open to the general public. The wine making area was not accessible. That means to Darren that we must have a personal tour anyway, which we did.

dswp

Post by dswp »

"Are all of the people down there as nice and as fun?"

Melissa yes, after going to Europe for the last couple of years on vacation, and living in the Northeast here, it is so obvious when you go.
longboard_ric
Intermediate Member

Post by longboard_ric »

Dale, it looks like your going to feel right at home both in and out of the water!!!
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
s4001

Post by s4001 »

Excellent pictures. Looks like a fabulous time!
"If you think you can or if you think you cannot - either way you are right." Henry Ford.
wmthor
Veteran RRF member

Post by wmthor »

Thanks to all for the photos. Some day I hope to look at them again and be able to say to myself, "I've been there!"
'96 1997 LH MG
'98 360 LH MG
'00 360/12 Carl Wilson LH FG
'07 730S Shiloh LH
gregga41
RRF Consultant

Post by gregga41 »

Hey Shane, forgive the belated welcome to you! Where in Melbourne are you? We'd be hoping to see you at one or two of our local rick gatherings!

Love the pics and stories Dave, how have you settled back into everyday life? Hi Lisa!!!
longboard_ric
Intermediate Member

Post by longboard_ric »

Hi Greg. I live in Safety Beach. Unfortunately I couldn't make it to the confluence but I'm sure we will meet up soon.
rollingricker21

Post by rollingricker21 »

G'day Shane, I was at safety beach for a few weeks around new years! Love the marina there! I have a beach house down the coast at Rye.

Very nice pics Dave, as always, looking forward to more!
Like A Rolling Stone
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dave: A delightful journey. Thanks for including us in your tour.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
dswp

Post by dswp »

Thanks all…. more to come later.

"how have you settled back into everyday life?"

Greg, I haven’t.

Between jet lag and over excitement I still am on (the 16 hour ahead) OZ time.

Unwinding was easy. The winding back up again is not going so well.
longboard_ric
Intermediate Member

Post by longboard_ric »

Hi Frank, seemed like everybody in Melbourne came to Safety Beach for the holidays. The marina is coming along nicely, it's a pity I'm only a million short of living there. Hopefully we can all meet up soon.

Dave, I've lived and played on the Mornington Peninsula all my life and it is a great part of the world. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
dswp

Post by dswp »

Shane you should have never told me that,,,,when can you start shipping me back some wine? Image
longboard_ric
Intermediate Member

Post by longboard_ric »

Hi Dave, I'm not an avid wine drinker but I do enjoy a glass or two. Tell me what you would like and we could arrange a shipment!!!

Most of the wineries here are less than 10 minutes away.
dswp

Post by dswp »

Thanks Shane.
I just may take you up on that. However I have some financial wounds to lick for a while.
dswp

Post by dswp »

Next installment

One night we stayed by the Otway National Park

"This park represents all that is special about the Otways: the tall wet forests, ancient rainforests, the drier forests of the inland slopes and the very diverse heathlands and woodlands, fringed by a spectacularly rugged coastline and studded with some of Victoria's most striking waterfalls and other attractions."

We did see koalas and wallabies in the wild.

The Bed and breakfast that we stayed out was rustic but yet had top notch accommodations. The rooms were huge with 14’ high ceilings. Our room had French doors that opened out to an outdoor common porch.

Here is the view from our dinner table at sunset. The valley was surrounded by rolling wooded foot hills, as far as the eye could see, not to many signs of humans.

We stayed at our table well into the night. It was strange seeing the ultra bright stars from the Southern Hemisphere for the first time. With no light pollution, it was quite vivid.

It was so quiet out there. There were other guest trying sleep close by and we were up late making so much noise on the outside porch. I asked Darren if we were breaking B&B etiquette. Perhaps we should turn in I said. Of course Darren being so sensitive, turned to me and said “pi$$ off mate, I paid for my room”.
Ahh good times

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”