Dave’s Aussie Confluence Adventure.

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

More great pics, Dave. I'm glad Darren introduced you to one of the great Aussie traditional attitudes...... "It's OK unless the neighbours complain - and even then, give an inch, not a mile!!"

BTW, I got an email from the Victorian Liquor Traders Association yesterday. It read:

"Re: Mr. Pascoe's recent visit..... thanks!"

"Never eat more than you can lift." - Mr. Moon
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

This thread is just friggin' awesome! If Dave's pics are typical of the land, it is one beautiful place to be. Oh to visit....

I had a plan to retire by 50 - unfortunately the market didn't cooperate. I turn 55 next month.
dswp

Post by dswp »

Back to the people that I met.

I think Frank Naccarata may be the youngest Forum member here. I believe that he will have a new Ric in his near future. Here is a picture of Frank at the confluence jumping in and keeping up with the old battle axes with no problem. Frank’s dad joined us for the day as well. It was nice to see a father and son both enjoying each other’s company and a common interest.

I also had the chance to meet and talk to talk to Greg’s lovely wife Andrea Rahilly. She was very amused by my spot on Australian dialect. I guess it was so eerily good that all she could do was to laugh at it. Image
At the Confluence dinner I also sat and spoke to forum member Mark Bailey. After talking to Mark, I found that he has quite the collection. Unfortunately Mark was on his way home from work and could not bring any guitars. I guess the guitars sitting in the 105 degree temperature, in a car for the day is not recommended.

At this point, since I am nearing the end of my posting on this thread, I was going to give a bit of payback to Darren. As you can see in the thread above, I was painted in, lets say, a slight indignant light by Mr. Trott. I had a couple very interesting photo’s and stories to post. However, my wife reminded me that many mentally deranged people have almost super human strength when placed in an upsetting environment. So since I may see Mr. Trott in the Fall, I do fear for my personal well being, and I will refrain from such upsetting post. For now…

ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

Looks like a wonderful time was had by all!

Great pictures, great company & lots of stories I'm sure.
"Freedom of expression is important, but I have learned that people want to know how much you care before they care how much you know."
The only time a bass player gets noticed is when he stops playing.
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

What a wonderful thread this is ... fabulous pictures of magnificent scenery, cute koala bears, stunning collections of Rics and fellow enthusiasts jamming and worshipping Rickenbackers at the Melbourne confluence and obviously enjoyable times at pubs and at dinners ....

This confluence, the great story thread and pictures have surely done more for promoting Australia tourism than all the Government sponsored activities of the last fifty years, like the "shrimp on the barby..." Paul Hogan campaign.

What an enjoyable thread this has been - many thanks for sharing ! I'm sure many more Forumites will be inspired to visit ! Regards Rich
"What we've got is Blind Faith in each other" Steve Winwood, Newsweek July 28 1969

10 4003 FG
06 WB BRG
04 660-12 JG
03 360-12 FG
99 V64 six FG
96 650-A TQ
94 V64-12 JG
81 370-WB JG
73 480 DaphBlue
61 Cons Steel MG
harvey49
Intermediate Member

Post by harvey49 »

How'd you managed to extract Darren out of his Ric T shirts Dave? Image
Life wasn't meant to be easy
dswp

Post by dswp »

It was not easy Ron...
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

Dave/Darren, what's going on in the fall?
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

SoCal II !!!!!?

Or would that be III??
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

I'm not fussed about the number, John..... just BRING IT ON!!! Image

If I recall correctly (and I mightn't because my brain almost melted that afternoon) that's Frank playing my 4330FG! Image

Any time you want to play it, Frank, just let me know.....
"Never eat more than you can lift." - Mr. Moon
gregga41
RRF Consultant

Post by gregga41 »

Frank may have his very own soon Aitch!
Great stuff Dave, Andrea was thrilled you gave her a mention! Take care!
rick_ovic
RRF Consultant

Post by rick_ovic »

Richard, Howard and I were both treated like royalty when we visited the US in August/September last year. The hospitality shown by our American friends, even Dave, was fabulous Image We thoroughly enjoyed being able to reciprocate.

John A & B - the early stages of planning are underway for another Aussie invasion at the next SoCal confluence. I promised Joey Vasco, Gary Clauson, Scott Jehlik, Kenny Howes, Alison, and Charly that I would be back....and I stand by my word!

I'm hoping that Dave and Lisa can join my wife and I in California for the SoCal confluence and then onto some of your wine country.

And as for you Mr Pascoe, I miss they way you use to tighten up the buckles on my straight-jacket Image You'll keep, mate!
'59 425, '59 335, '60 335, '60 360, '60 335F, '60 345F, '64 RM 1999, '65 RM 1998, '65 360-12, '66 335, '67 450-12, '72 4001 '72 4001, '75 4000, '75 4000CS, '00 700S, '01 700C, '01 700S-12, '01 730S-FH, '06 660 DCM
gregga41
RRF Consultant

Post by gregga41 »

It's when you forget to bolt on his "Silence of the Lambs" facemask that makes me nervous Dave!
I'd love to be going to the socal confluence,oh the lack of the "readies" !!!
rollingricker21

Post by rollingricker21 »

More great pics dave!

...expect to see a thread from me VERY soon with a few pics of myself unpacking and a brand new 4003 Jetglow :D
Like A Rolling Stone
dswp

Post by dswp »

Frank, by chance I played your new bass right before it was shipped out. I think that you will be very happy with it.

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”