Two Weeks From Today

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

sowhat
RRF Consultant

Re: Two Weeks From Today

Post by sowhat »

Well, since i cannot understand how a Ric-related get-together feels, i could only comment about what i can understand (well, at least partly cause i don't have grandchildren yet). BTW, your grandson's name sounds very cool indeed and very manly too, great choice. Have you written a special lullaby for him yet? :wink: (well, if it isn't a secret, of course...)
Nothing will get you dead quicker than being deadly serious about yourself.
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Hi Sheena,

No lullabies unfortunately. We have lot's of traditional ones that I am sure he will hear over the course of the next few months, interspersed of course with Christmas carols. We returned home yesterday and we got to see him a few hours after we landed. He has grown a bit since we went to Australia. As far as how it feels to meet other forum members en masse that is covered nicely in another thread in this section. I also posted some of my thoughts on the subject over there.

Here's wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hey Brian, welcome back. Care to comment on the change in weather from Oz to British Columbia?
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Thanks for asking Peter,

I am sure that most travellers that soar off to sunny climes to avoid the onset of Canadian or American winter experience much the same as we did.

The difference in temperature for a start between Melbourne to the temperature in Vernon was quite a shock to the system. Notwithstanding that we left bright sunny skies and hot weather only to arrive at the Kelowna airport to cold overcast skies with snow on the ground, but we were not dressed appropriately enough to wander too far outside in sub zero temperatures.

Fortunately our sons picked us up in a nice warm vehicle and therefore I was spared the usual scrape and clean operation after leaving a vehicle in an airport parking lot for three weeks.

Thankfully it has warmed up a bit here since our arrival. It's a pleasure to be able travel to distant lands for a vacation and for some reason no matter what the weather is like it's always good to be able to return home. :)
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Brian: Your comments are both at the same time a very good add for visiting Australia and returning home. I didn't think it ever got cold in BC. :)
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”