Two Weeks From Today

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

ozover50
RRF Consultant

Re: Two Weeks From Today

Post by ozover50 »

Brian now knows that Darren's collection is no urban myth!
trip_5 047_1.JPG
trip_5 048_1.JPG
trip_5 049_1.JPG
melibreits

Post by melibreits »

Awwww.... Koalas... They're so cute! :D Nice wildlife pics....

And oooohhhh, nice Ric pics, too! :mrgreen:
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Then it was off to the pub (where else?!?) for dinner:
trip_5 051_1.JPG
trip_5 052_1.JPG
You can tell I'm on holidays!! :mrgreen:
trip_5 053_1.JPG
I hope Darren can chime in with a pic or two at some stage.

Catch y'all in a few days....................
bitzerguy
RRF Consultant

Post by bitzerguy »

Great pics all!! Nice to see sunny warm places. Much needed on this Monday morning where I am.

Hey Brian - Canadian reality check:
Dec 3 2007 mtl -.jpg
:D
25cm on the ground and drifting (already had the entry cleaned twice in this photo) with another 25cm currently falling.

*sigh*
...Dean
Never, ever drool on your surf shirt. It wrecks the solo.

660/12FG, 350V63/6FG, 620/6JG, 360WB/6DBG, Dingwall C1 #001, Prestige Heritage Elite FM
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

Great pictures. As I understand it, koalas are sleepy all the time because they are stoned on the eucalyptus? And one question - what is the difference between a kangaroo and a wallabe?

Lastly, emu. Yummy, and no they don't taste like chicken. Had it in a restaurant in Covington, KY.
cheyenne
Veteran RRF member

Post by cheyenne »

What is the headstock you barely see in front of the CS 4001 in this pic????
Attachments
trip_5%20049_1.JPG
trip_5%20049_1.JPG (11.5 KiB) Viewed 1509 times
"Knowledge is Power"
cheyenne
Veteran RRF member

Post by cheyenne »

Sorry, you can scroll up a bit to enlarge the pic.
Attachments
trip_5%20049_1.JPG
trip_5%20049_1.JPG (11.5 KiB) Viewed 1509 times
"Knowledge is Power"
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

Thats Darrin's Rick acoustic - can't remember the model but it had that different vee shaped headstock.
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

johnallg wrote:Thats Darrin's Rick acoustic - can't remember the model but it had that different vee shaped headstock.
177874.jpg
177875.jpg
177875.jpg (11.29 KiB) Viewed 1481 times
rick_ovic
RRF Consultant

Post by rick_ovic »

The model number displayed at the end of the neck, inside the soundhole, is a 730S FH acoustic. The FH probably stands for "Fishtail Headstock," although very reliable sources have corrected me advising that it's properly known as a steer-head headstock :mrgreen:

Rickenbacker made some acoustic guitars in the late 50s and early 60s with similarly shaped headstocks. At least one of the vintage acoustics appears in the RIC Museum.

Five or six of these models were made for the Japanese market in 2001 and one of them found it's way to Australia, where the original owner purchased it the same year. I was fortunate to hit the BIN when it appeared on Aussie eBay in June of this year, along with it's 700S-12 brother.
cheyenne
Veteran RRF member

Post by cheyenne »

Wow,,thats really different for a Rickenbacker.
"Knowledge is Power"
longboard_ric
Intermediate Member

Post by longboard_ric »

I spent a very pleasant Tuesday afternoon with Brian, Penny and Howard at Sorrento and their hospitality is very much appreciated. :D

They are enjoying their time here and are coping extremely well with the Australian way of life !!!!

I must thank Brian for his assistance in setting up my 360/12 and 330, a brilliant job !!!
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

My thanks go out to Darren and Robyn for welcoming Penny, Aitch and I into their beautiful home and I must say we were particularly pleased to meet Jeremy and Isabella. Lulu (the family dog) greeted us at the door and gave us by all accounts a very typical vocal greeting. It was almost musical in content. What else would you expect from the multi talented Trott family? 8)

As Howard has covered the wonderful evening that we spent together very well I will spend a small amount of time commenting on Darrens "other" Rickenbacker Acoustic. I believe it is a Comstock. It is beautiful deep fireglo with a gold TRC. After you get past its stunning looks you are immediately draw to the "sound" that is beyond words to describe. I managed to play it for a few minutes and it is without a doubt a very comfortable instrument to play.

This was the first time in my life that I had ever seen a Rickenbacker acoustic up close and I feel so fortunate that I was allowed to play it. It was a great honour Darren and one that is much appreciated.

I am really looking forward to the jam on Sunday. It will be the first time that I have played "live" with a band since 1985. Hopefully I will be able to make a contribution of some value to the day.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Yesterday, I got to meet Shane and after I spent a few minutes playing "doctor" to his stunning 360/12 FG and his 330/6 AFG Rickenbackers I had the opportunity to sit and chat with him. We also played guitar for a bit as well.

Thanks for stopping by Dane a spending a few quality hours with us.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Dean,

Thanks for the reality check. It seems that we left BC just in time. That system moved right across Canada so I understand.

We have a log home in the Southern Cariboo that our neighbors say received 36" of snow over a 24 hour period yesterday. :shock:

Our house sitter reported that our home in the Okanagan has been blanketed by about 8" of snow. In reality that's not all that unusual this time of year, so I can live with that small amount.

I understand from a recent email received today, that it warmed up where I live and light rainfall is washing the snow away.

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”