Visiting Sydney

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Aussiericlover

Visiting Sydney

Post by Aussiericlover »

Hi all Sydney Ricaholics,

I will be in Sydney from 21/12/2007 to 4/1/2008. Keen to catch up with all my Ric brothers and sisters during that period. If you want to organise a date and venue let me know. Anyone else visiting Sydney during that period let me know and we can organise a great party! :D

Rics rock on!

Best regards,
Brett
rick_ovic
RRF Consultant

Re: Visiting Sydney

Post by rick_ovic »

Hey Brett,

There seems to be a lack of Sydney-sider RickResource forum members.

Why don't you bypass that place altogether and come to Melbourne instead? :mrgreen:
Aussiericlover

Post by Aussiericlover »

rick_ovic wrote:Hey Brett,

There seems to be a lack of Sydney-sider RickResource forum members.

Why don't you bypass that place altogether and come to Melbourne instead? :mrgreen:
Hi Darren,

I will get to Melbourne eventually and will be happy to take part in the local hospitality. :D

My wife's family is in Sydney and she feels embarrassed having told me for so long about Sydneysiders hospitality and then seeing the total lack of response to my enthusiasm to get together with fellow Ric owners in the Harbour City. :twisted:

It looks like Melbourne here we come in future.

Party on Melbourne!
Aussiericlover

Post by Aussiericlover »

Any suggestions on the better guitar/bass stores to visit while in Sydney. Also keen to check out bands over christmas/ new year period. Any suggestions? :D
rick_ovic
RRF Consultant

Post by rick_ovic »

Brett,

I'd check out Neil's Guitars in Manly; Downtown Music, The Bass Player and Jacksons Rare Guitars - all in Parramatta Rd, Annandale and perhaps Global Vintage in the city. At least you'll see some Rickenbackers there!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Darren: After seeing the photos from Oz, I though one found Rickenbackers standing by the ocean.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
rick_ovic
RRF Consultant

Post by rick_ovic »

Peter, I get a few weird looks from people when I'm setting up for a photo shoot, that's for sure. However, the opportunity to view the local wildlife, when one is partaking in such creative pursuits, makes it all clearly worthwhile! :mrgreen:
Attachments
700C Sunset.jpg
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Beautiful, Darren. That is what I call Rickenbacker Ozmosis.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
Aussiericlover

Post by Aussiericlover »

rick_ovic wrote:Peter, I get a few weird looks from people when I'm setting up for a photo shoot, that's for sure. However, the opportunity to view the local wildlife, when one is partaking in such creative pursuits, makes it all clearly worthwhile! :mrgreen:

Darren, Magnificient photos. Ah, to be so creative and talented! If you are ever in Perth it would be great to get my Rics and yourself down to Cottesloe or similar to get some great shots.

Thanks also for the suggestions on where to visit in Sydney. Not interested in spending money at these stores but always nice to have somewhere to 'get a fix' when the withdrawal symptoms kick in from being away from my Rics. Sometimes you just need to caress and thump on a bass. I'm sure you know what I mean.
:twisted:

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”