Melbourne Aussie Confluence Sunday Dec 9

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

wmthor
Veteran RRF member

Re: Melbourne Aussie Confluence Sunday Dec 9

Post by wmthor »

Looks like fun was had by all and thanks for sharing all those pics.

I look forward to sharing that stage in 2010. :D
'96 1997 LH MG
'98 360 LH MG
'00 360/12 Carl Wilson LH FG
'07 730S Shiloh LH
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

oooooOOOOOOooooooo it looks like you guys had a great time. I wish I was there. Thanks for sharing the pics! :)

I think I see what will be my next avatar. :wink:
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

It was indeed a great day and I think we actually nailed a few!! :D

Thanks to Trotty for arranging the venue and dragging all those Ricks out of the closet. We were so busy playing and having fun that they ended up being second fiddle! Thanks also to Bob for his hospitality..... he seemed to really enjoy the music too. And Jeremy and Mitch were fantastic...... as Darren said, it's great to have the kids involved.

Musical highlights? All of it...... but especially 'All Along The Watchtower', our killer version of 'We Gotta Get Out Of This Place', 'Day Tripper', 'Cocaine' (with Steve singing), 'Play With Fire' (with Ron's vocals), 'My Generation', 'Kansas City' and that 'Bm7, E and F# thingy' that Brian loves. Listening to Brian and Darren trade solos in the first 15 minute 12 bar blues number was awesome, as was Frank's bass solo with Steve. Shane and Ron threw in some leads that I didn't know they had and as always Greg nailed every Beatles number that we did. Can't wait for our next get together!! :mrgreen:

And yes, Gary, I did wash my hands after playing 'that thing'....... I played my Monty 350v63 next! As you'll see from Frank's pics it saw a lot of the action.

I'm not sure what I've got in the way of photos but I'll check them out and post some soon.
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

All I can say at the moment is that yesterday was a bit overwhelming. The warm friendship and generosity extended by the forum members in this part of the world is unbelievable.

I spent most of yesterday in a sea of emotions. Especially when I realised that I probably would not get another chance for a few years to personally say hello again to Greg, Shane, Frank, Joe and let's not forget Steve (wasn't he just great on the drums). It was hard to say goodbye when the music and camaraderie was over.

Mitch and Jeremy were superb. They are going to be top notch musicians in a very few short years.

I'll be seeing Ron and Darren before I leave Melbourne and I already know that it is going to be tough to say goodbye.

THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH. I am going to treasure the time that we spent together for ever.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
leftybass
RRF Consultant

Post by leftybass »

winston wrote:All I can say at the moment is that yesterday was a bit overwhelming. The warm friendship and generosity extended by the forum members in this part of the world is unbelievable.

THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH. I am going to treasure the time that we spent together for ever.
Once again I bear witness to the power of this Forum. This is what it's all about guys.
longboard_ric
Intermediate Member

Post by longboard_ric »

Another afternoon of fun that passed by far too quickly.

Thanks to Darren for arranging the event and to Steve for providing the drums, and to Brian, Ron, Howard,Gregg, Frank and Joe for making it an enjoyable day.

Great to see young Mitch and Jeremy having a go as well.

Brian, it was a pleasure meeting you and Penny, and I thoroughly enjoyed your first live performance for many years.

I do hope we can meet again Brian, hopefully we will be visiting the US again within the next two years and I'm sure we can get Canada on the itinerary.

PS.........Dane and Wayne had a fun time as well, and send their regards. :D
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
harvey49
Intermediate Member

Post by harvey49 »

What a day! Special thanks to the following:
Darren for organising the venue, Howard for his work behind the scenes, the regulars who rock up for these great events and a special thanks to Joe for being our cameraman extrodinaire and capturing a record for us to remember this special event and to Frank for posting all the pics taken that day.

A great day had by all and bring on the next one! Who's up for a holiday out here to get away from the cold over there for a while? :D
Life wasn't meant to be easy
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Wow --- fantastic pictures here and on the photo bucket posting.
Looks like Brian's trip has been fabulous and your jam session is one for the memeory books !
All the warm comraderie and hospitaltity shown by our Melbourne Forumites, is once again, exemplary.
You guys realyl know how to do it !!
Regards - Rich F.
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

Loved the pics Frank and Joe. What I'd like to see is a list of the songs played - it looked like you guys were having more fun with your clothes on than any men should! :lol: Oh, any videos?!?
gregga41
RRF Consultant

Post by gregga41 »

Just finished browsing Frank and Joe's Link for photos! WOW!!! I seem to recall the amazing pics you guys took during Alisha's visit were just as brilliant as these! I forgot to thank Steve for his awesome and tireless drumming for us, all day! Might see him lining up for The Very Almosts!!!! :D
Songlist hey??? I'll list what i can recall, and hopefully the other attendees can chime in with what i missed!
Walking the dog- You cant do that- Get back- Alone with you tonite- Darling it hurts- Play with fire- Summertime- I saw her standing there- keep your hands to yourself- Along the watchtower- Day tripper- AHDN- We gotta get outa this place- Longway to the top- ,.....
ive gone blank! Anyone else remember??
Should be some video popping up sooner or later!
Again, thanks to all involved for a great day,as usual! :D
melibreits

Post by melibreits »

Terrific pics, guys! Looks like a great time was had by all!

I'm already anticipating 2010 in Melbourne! :D
bitzerguy
RRF Consultant

Post by bitzerguy »

Wow!! Looked like The Big Rock. Thanks for sharing the fun!
...Dean
Never, ever drool on your surf shirt. It wrecks the solo.

660/12FG, 350V63/6FG, 620/6JG, 360WB/6DBG, Dingwall C1 #001, Prestige Heritage Elite FM
jch
Intermediate Member

Post by jch »

I love these threads,you guy's looked like you all had a ball.

And the pics are great ,wish i could've been there too,
i have rele's in Sydney so ya never know ,someday maybe! 8)
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

Thanks Greg - quite a list. A couple I didn't know, one Aussie.
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

"My Sharona", "My Generation", a Texas shuffle (very SRV-Trott-like) and "Crazy For You" are a few others........... oh, and the one everybody knows - "15 Minute Blues Improvisation In A" - featuring duelling Medway/Trott Rickenbackers. :mrgreen:

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”