Melbourne Aussie Confluence Sunday Dec 9

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

winston
Membership Admin

Re: Melbourne Aussie Confluence Sunday Dec 9

Post by winston »

The time has come to say goodbye to Howard as we are leaving tomorrow to stay in Melbourne prior to our flight to Sydney. We already said goodbye to the Trott family at a wonderful fairwell dinner last night and that was tearful enough.

However this particular goodbye won't be too soapy (or dopey) because Aitch is already making plans to come over to Canada to visit Penny and I again next year. We can't seem to get rid of this bloke. :lol:

Many thanks Howard for putting your life on hold for our visit and making sure that we enjoyed our first visit to your beautuful country.

We would also like to thank Ron and Fran Viney for a great fairwell lunch that they put on for us today in their beautiful home.

The forum members and their extended families and friends that we have had the pleasure of meeting in this part of the world are are a credit to the populace of Australia and to the forum. Based on our travel experiences their hospitality has been beyond comparison. Thank you all. We hope you had as much fun as we did.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
gregga41
RRF Consultant

Post by gregga41 »

How did i forget " My Sharona"???.....that was so much fun to play!!!! My generation....good call Aitch!
Brian, i think you will find that all of us down here pride ourselves in regards to hospitality,especially towards our overseas forum guests! Darren and Howard lead the way in this respect!
It also should be noted that both these guys were treated like royalty when they were visitors to your part of the world over the past few years! So the standard had already been set!
Your "trip to remember" will surely start the juices flowing for other forum members who may decide to make the journey in the future!
It'll also have Dave & Lisa Pascoe and Alisha Tremaine recalling their respective holidays in Oz!.........fondly, of course!
Safe trip home Brian and Penny......come back soon! :D
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Hey Aitch -- did you and Brian put down any more ICBM tracks during his visit ??
When will you guys unveil them to the Forum ?
Cordially -- Rich F.
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Sniff............. two hours until we head off to the airport. :cry: Brian and Penny have an 'earlyish' flight from Melbourne to Sydney tomorrow morning, so they are going to stay at a hotel at the airport tonight. The tears are already welling up....... :cry:

It has been an absolute delight having Brian and Penny stay with me for the last 3 weeks or so. We did a fair amount of "just hangin' around", so I hope that they saw enough of Melbourne and environs to want to come back. Cafe Juniper in Mitcham will be waiting with glee for the next massive increase in turnover! :D

I'm sure they are sick to death of the warm, sunny days and can't wait to get back to sub-zero climes.

The next few days are going to be tough...... getting used them not being here and preparing to go back to work..... erk!! :cry: At least I have an outdoor gig on Saturday afternoon/night to take my mind of off it. I'm sure Ernie is going to wonder what's happened to his new best friends too!!

I didn't put my life on hold, Brian..... only work! Having you and Penny here added to my life significantly and I can't wait to see you in BC next year - only 8 months to go!! :mrgreen:

Richard: Sadly, no ICBM tracks were put 'in the can' but we tossed some ideas around during our time down at the beach and I will be recording some tracks very soon, which I'll send over to Brian for his evaluation. We have to be careful, though..... we don't want to saturate the world market with ICBM tracks..... once every couple of years should keep the millions of fans satisfied and not sick of us. At this rate we'll be in out 70s when we're ready to put together an album!! :D
johneek
Advanced Member

Post by johneek »

"And finally, here's a big Aussie "ooooOOOOOOOOoooooo" to Dave Pascoe, John Biscuti, Graham Griffiths, John Simmons, John Koelling, Joey Vasco and all of our other RickResource friends around the world!!!!"

I have to admit I just about choked I laughed so hard at this picture. "oooooOOOOOOOooooo" indeed! It's clear that Trotty is enjoying it the most, and Aitch...well the look on his face tells it all. It guess all kinds of things go down hill.

The magic of technology allows us to not only "feel" like we know, but "actually know" people we've never met. I can't wait to get over there and see all of you in person.

BTW Aitch, no need to wash your hands...its a scratch and sniff guitar. Try it....smells like...Tangerines!
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Aitch and Brian --- well, the masses of ICBM fans are waiting, so don't keep us in suspence too long !!
The good jam/Confluence must have been an inspiration for your collaborative efforts.
Regards - Rich F.
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Hmmmmm........... smells more like Zymol to me, John. The CT Strat will get a serious workout at today's gig! :D
johneek
Advanced Member

Post by johneek »

ozover50 wrote:Hmmmmm........... smells more like Zymol to me, John. The CT Strat will get a serious workout at today's gig! :D
Well, then give her a workout Aitch; as I recall she loves it.
gregga41
RRF Consultant

Post by gregga41 »

Aitch, we need details of todays gig! Hopefully i can get some time out today to come and see you perform!
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

johneek wrote:I have to admit I just about choked I laughed so hard at this picture. "oooooOOOOOOOooooo" indeed! It's clear that Trotty is enjoying it the most, and Aitch...well the look on his face tells it all. It guess all kinds of things go down hill.

That pic also bought back the memories of DP at the SoCal confluence this past summer. Too band you missed that one John. That was a tremedous laugh!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Greg: The gig is scheduled to start at 4pm at Victoria Road Reserve, Victoria Road Hawthorn - right behind the Geebung pub in Auburn Road. The stage will be on the northern side of the park....... on a covered balcony at the back of one of the houses. If the rain doesn't shut us down we'll be going until around 11pm.

I'm taking my Jetglo 360v64 and MID 350v63, the JK CT AM DLX Strat and....... wait for it....... the PW custom 'Aitch' Gretsch Duojet - it's first public outing. I plan on doing Mellencamp's "Hurts So Good" on that one!!

There definitely won't be any 'oooooooooooooooo' going on!! :mrgreen:
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Waiting on some pics and maybe even some video from your gig, Aitch!
rick_ovic
RRF Consultant

Post by rick_ovic »

Joey, I have some video footage, however we have some technological problems at the moment. My PC has sh*t itself so I have no access to any of my music, photos or videos. :cry: At least my laptop is still functioning ok!
gregga41
RRF Consultant

Post by gregga41 »

rick_ovic wrote:Joey, I have some video footage, however we have some technological problems at the moment. My PC has sh*t itself so I have no access to any of my music, photos or videos. :cry: At least my laptop is still functioning ok!
So Darren, when youve sorted out the problem, i have some great video of Ron Viney and yourself trading lead duels on "Play with fire", but i'll need your expertise to work out how to show it here! Ron also does a terrific vocal job on this track as well! :D

I gather youve not received my email,considering the pc has sh*t itself!
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

gregga41 wrote:So Darren, when youve sorted out the problem, i have some great video of Ron Viney and yourself trading lead duels on "Play with fire", but i'll need your expertise to work out how to show it here! Ron also does a terrific vocal job on this track as well! :D
I look forward to seeing that also!!
I hope you get your computer back together soon, Darren.
I have the opposite problem, my laptop took a dump. :x

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”