Melbourne Aussie Confluence Sunday Dec 9

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

winston
Membership Admin

Re: Melbourne Aussie Confluence Sunday Dec 9

Post by winston »

Hi Rich,

ICBM unfortunately was not able find the time to put up a bed track. We did have a number of sessions and discussions that focused on producing another component of the anticipated body of ICBM work but alas we fell short of that objective this time around.

We were able to agree on one or two original pieces of material that may prove to have some merit and worth having a stab at. We may also push ahead with plans to record a couple of old blues and jazz standards, that we took an opportunity to explore whilst I was in Melbourne.

Suffice it to say these collaborations will be made more difficult as a result of the distance between the two band members, so I will temper my comments by saying that I will do not guarantee that any of these early determinations will yield any significant fruit. Sticking with the theme of that analogy I will say that where you have good fertile land, a willingness to perform hard work and the determination to produce a saleable product that the crop should be bountiful and pleasing to the palate.

One can only hope and pray that the fruits of such a labour can meet the lofty goals of the workers involved and of those who have chosen to continue to have an interest in listening to our humble offerings.

Until then, we sincerely thank you in particular for your very kind if not perhaps, charitable interest. I trust that we will not disapoint. :)
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Hello everyone. As you can probably deduce from my previous post, I have arrived home in Canada safe and sound. However it's really more a case of arriving back to "cold" reality. There's a small deposition of fresh snow on my driveway and in my yard. That's quite a stark contrast to the weather that I left behind in Australia.

At the risk of repeating myself I would like to say something specific to all who put themselves out to make time to meet and spend time with my wife and I. Please accept our sincerest thank you, because to us, your gift of friendship is much more valuable than anything that money could ever hope to buy; or as a very famous band once wistfully wrote,"money can't buy me love". 8)

I would also like to acknowledge all those who took an interest in our trip to Australia and thank you for participating in this thread. Sadly like all things in life there is a beginning and an end. The beginning, the journey and the end were all highly anticipated and we are left with the fondest of memories, having thoroughly enjoyed the trip.

Adieu and all the best,

Brian
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

What can I say, Brian? It was an absolute treat to have you and Penny here in sunny Melbourne with us and I know that I speak for all the Aussie members who met you.......... come back any time!! :D

I can't wait to get back over there next August and make another of my potato and bacon bakes for you. :mrgreen:

Alas no pictures or video from the gig, Joey. I was too busy playing to even think of dragging out the camera and finding somebody to take some snaps for me. Suffice it to say that it went very well and I was very proud when the other band members came forth with their oohs and aahs when I pulled out the 360v64 for the final set. It sounded fantastic on 'Moondance' with the neck pup and when we finished with AC/DC'S 'Long Way To The Top' it brought some smiles and nods from the members..... it really cut it!! :D
heptagram

Post by heptagram »

Bugger... I didn't even know about it..... I work sundays, so if they are always on Sunday I can't make it..
rick_ovic
RRF Consultant

Post by rick_ovic »

Josh, they're not always on a Sunday. We'll try for a Saturday afternoon next time, eh? :D
gregga41
RRF Consultant

Post by gregga41 »

I know its taken a while, but after numerous attempts at transfering video to my cr@p computer, :evil: with no luck,finally success!
I"ve copied video of Ron,Darren, Graham, Aitch and Steve pumping out "play with fire" onto dvd and, hopefully Darren Trott will be able to upload it onto youtube for me! Ron Viney and Trotty share the lead vocals as they do on lead guitar! Steve on drums, our guest, Brian Medway enjoying the '64 bass, with Aitch on rythym guitar!
Hopefully we will soon have a link for you all to enjoy! :D
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Cool.......... looking forward to it! :D
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Me too! :D
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Hopefully it sounds OK. I think I did more experimenting and noodling on that song than actually playing a solid bass line. :shock: :roll: :lol:

mrs_brown
Intermediate Member

Post by mrs_brown »

Keep us posted :D
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

Yeah, this will be great. Let us know when it is up.

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”