RIO!!! Official :D Venue info

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

jps
RRF Consultant

Re: RIO!!! Official :D Venue info

Post by jps »

:(
IHeartRics

Post by IHeartRics »

Hello Bob Combs,

I used to live in Southern Indiana. Ever been to The Music Shoppe in Terre Haute?
Expect nothing and you'll never be disappointed (and I mean that in an optimistic way).
http://www.reverbnation.com/thelowlies
http://www.myspace.com/thelowlies

Post by 4003 »

IHeartRics wrote:Hello Bob Combs,

I used to live in Southern Indiana. Ever been to The Music Shoppe in Terre Haute?
Nope. Terre Haute is a little too North for me. From Seymour now living in Jasper. Only thing I remember about the one time I passed through Terre Haute was the awful smell.

For you non-Hoosiers, that is not an insult...there was a paper mill there and it smelled like rotting wood chips!
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

Hey Bob, how far did your bed move across the room the other morning? :lol: My son awoke and felt it for almost 50-60 seconds, way up here in the 'Zoo.

For the rest of you, just so you don't think something weird is going on here, I'm talking about the midwest 5.6 magnitude earthquake. :wink: :roll:

Though I do believe it is weird for us to be getting earthquakes at all. I's been happening about every 6-7 years - 3 of them now.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

IIRC, the biggest quake in the US was sometime in the late 1800s, somewhere near St. Louis.

Post by 4003 »

johnallg wrote:Hey Bob, how far did your bed move across the room the other morning? :lol: My son awoke and felt it for almost 50-60 seconds, way up here in the 'Zoo.

For the rest of you, just so you don't think something weird is going on here, I'm talking about the midwest 5.6 magnitude earthquake. :wink: :roll:

Though I do believe it is weird for us to be getting earthquakes at all. I's been happening about every 6-7 years - 3 of them now.
The first "big" one definitely rattled the house pretty good! It lasted about 30 solid seconds. Enough time for the wife and I to talk about it and me to get out of bed and walk to the front door and look outside before it stopped. I am only about 60 miles from the epicenter. Interesting to experience though!
IHeartRics

Post by IHeartRics »

4003 wrote:Nope. Terre Haute is a little too North for me. From Seymour now living in Jasper. Only thing I remember about the one time I passed through Terre Haute was the awful smell.

For you non-Hoosiers, that is not an insult...there was a paper mill there and it smelled like rotting wood chips!
I think there were a few other chemical or fertilizer plants that contributed to that odor, usually on the southside as you pass down the highway.
Expect nothing and you'll never be disappointed (and I mean that in an optimistic way).
http://www.reverbnation.com/thelowlies
http://www.myspace.com/thelowlies
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

4003 wrote:
johnallg wrote:Hey Bob, how far did your bed move across the room the other morning? :lol: My son awoke and felt it for almost 50-60 seconds, way up here in the 'Zoo.

The first "big" one definitely rattled the house pretty good! It lasted about 30 solid seconds. Enough time for the wife and I to talk about it and me to get out of bed and walk to the front door and look outside before it stopped. I am only about 60 miles from the epicenter. Interesting to experience though!
Yeah, maybe, but probably not too often! :lol:
cheyenne
Veteran RRF member

Post by cheyenne »

I dont sleep much at night since then. I'm scared to death that Ohio will crack off into the ocean.
"Knowledge is Power"
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

ROFL! [shakes head]
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Just a reminder for those who have not gotten a room yet the cutoff for RIO!!! rates is May 23rd. I know some have found better rates but if not... :D
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

BTW, the jam night is really a party night so don't feel you can't come if you are not planning on playing. :D The more, the merrier!!!

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”