J Dog's East Coast US tour 11/08

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Re: J Dog's East Coast US tour 11/08

Post by johnallg »

8mileshigh wrote:That gives everyone plenty of time to plan out of town trips! :lol:
Ya beat me to it, Graham! :lol: :lol:

Hope this trip turns out as great as the last one Jdog! :wink:
robbo63

Post by robbo63 »

I managed to miss this entire thread until today. Sounds like it was a great trip. I wasn't aware of the Tater Hill Tavern in Winchester, and as I go to Winchester frequently to visit my mother, I might have to drop by there. Who is in Stephens City?
johneek
Advanced Member

Post by johneek »

As I've said before, you're always welcome.....
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Try the midwest this time, Jdog.
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Seeing as how the initial events that prompted the first trip will not be happening at the same time this year, I just might think about a different direction if I can string enough little 4-6 hour driving stretches together just right. Suggestions and invitations are more than welcome! :)
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Well, that definitely rules out N.E. Montana, it takes 4 hours to get to the store...

But, if you're in the area, you're welcome to stop by...
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

Look me up if you're coming to the left coast, J Dog. As you know, accommodations are a bit rugged but mi barca, su barca, what's ours is yours (except my ricks ). :mrgreen: .
All I wanna do is rock!
melibreits

Post by melibreits »

Our door is always open to Forum friends, J Dog.... We're a bit remote, but the scenery is great, but we can guarantee you our best northern hospitality, with plenty of good things to eat and drink, and lots of Rics to play! And summer is a great time of year to visit--Although if you don't mind the cold there are fun things to do in the winter, too!
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

melibreits wrote:...there are fun things to do in the winter, too!
What, hibernate? :lol:
melibreits

Post by melibreits »

Hibernating is something I wish I could do since migrating south is not a feasible option for us (kids in school, you know...). But actually, if you want to brave the cold there are fun things to do in the winter, such as skiing (both downhill and cross-country), snowmobiling, sledding, snowshoeing.... I almost said ice fishing, but I personally do not enjoy standing on a frozen lake for hours in the howling wind hoping that a fish actually bites--my husband seems to think this is fun, but maybe that is because of the stuff he and his buddies consume to keep their blood from freezing, LOL! :lol: :lol: :lol:
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

melibreits wrote:Hibernating is something I wish I could do since migrating south is not a feasible option for us (kids in school, you know...). But actually, if you want to brave the cold there are fun things to do in the winter, such as skiing (both downhill and cross-country), snowmobiling, sledding, snowshoeing.... I almost said ice fishing, but I personally do not enjoy standing on a frozen lake for hours in the howling wind hoping that a fish actually bites--my husband seems to think this is fun, but maybe that is because of the stuff he and his buddies consume to keep their blood from freezing, LOL! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes, hibernating might be nice, but alas, the animals still need to be fed.

Not much to do around here, we get a fair amount snow, but the wind just blows it away so you can't do any skiing, etc. People go ice fishing, but most seem to haul shacks out on the ice and fish in them (-35F & 35MPH wind makes the shack a necessity).
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
dr_bob
RRF Consultant

Post by dr_bob »

Not anywhere near the East Coast . . . but if you get in the vicinity of St Louis you are welcome to stay at my house. Maybe you need an incentive to drive a few hundred miles out of your way? You can try out the Transonic amp that Bob Rissi (the one on the right) refurbished for me :) .
Attachments
reduced Rissi and Krizek.jpg
The world is made of stories not atoms and every guitar has a story.
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Thanks gang! I'm going to start doodling on some printouts of maps today.
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

My annual apportionment report is finished. 275 pages, 38,500 pieces of numerical data. Boy, are my arms tired. *ba dum dum crash* *crickets*

Time do get back to those map doodles. I'm going to ask the boss for 11/9-11/24 off, which, when you include weekends and holidays, will give me an unprecendented 23 days off --- unheard of! The worst they can say is no, right?

So, maybe, I'll get to cover more ground. The driving was no sweat last year, so I won't mind piling on a few more miles this time around. NYC will probably be my upper bound again, but I'd like to venture a little farther west, either on the way up or down. Decisions, decisions.
windchimp
Intermediate Member

Post by windchimp »

jdogric12aolcom wrote:My annual apportionment report is finished. 275 pages, 38,500 pieces of numerical data. Boy, are my arms tired. *ba dum dum crash* *crickets*

Time do get back to those map doodles. I'm going to ask the boss for 11/9-11/24 off, which, when you include weekends and holidays, will give me an unprecendented 23 days off --- unheard of! The worst they can say is no, right?

So, maybe, I'll get to cover more ground. The driving was no sweat last year, so I won't mind piling on a few more miles this time around. NYC will probably be my upper bound again, but I'd like to venture a little farther west, either on the way up or down. Decisions, decisions.

Tres Cool! 8)
"Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time"

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”