RIO Thank You Thread

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Re: RIO Thank You Thread

Post by johnallg »

just_bassics wrote:
86kubicki wrote:Of course on the downside I now have serious RAS for a 4002...
Oh, yea, that too! I never "got" the 4002, but seeing is believing and playing is probably going to be quite expensive some day...
Hah! I never turn down a chance to play a 4002. Jim, remember we talked about an alternative.... Jeff Thomas brought (among a varied and beautiful collection) his MG 4002 - what a wonderful job he did cleaning that one back to its deserved glory.
teeder

Post by teeder »

just_bassics wrote:
86kubicki wrote:Of course on the downside I now have serious RAS for a 4002...
Oh, yea, that too! I never "got" the 4002, but seeing is believing and playing is probably going to be quite expensive some day...

I agree 100%! They never did anything for me before, but now after playing Jeff's MG, a 4002 is now on the wishlist!

I also wish I would have played the walnut 4002 while I had the chance!
So many basses, so little time!
steve_norgrove

Post by steve_norgrove »

Thank you to Jeff and Shari as well. What a great event. I couldn't believe how fast time flew by and I didn't get to play nearly as many as I wanted. It was also great meeting all you cool people (and Peter :D )
teeder wrote:I also wish I would have played the walnut 4002 while I had the chance!
So many basses, so little time!
Kevin, it'll definately be at the next one. I'll make sure you play it.

Take it easy,
STeve
teeder

Post by teeder »

Thanks, Steve!

Does anyone know the official head ( and peghead ) count?
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

We just woke up! :shock:

Wow, what can we say...without all of you there this would not have turned out to be the great event it was. :D Throughout the planning of RIO!!! all we thought of was that y'all (all y'all!) would have a great time. I guess we succeeded. We were overwhelmed with the generosity of everyone there and grateful for their help in making it all run so smoothly.

Having Graham and his missus, Peter, show up was a wonderful surprise. :D :D :D ( BTW, Peter, Sandy Accepts! :mrgreen: ). Good thing Graham wasn't at the Dim Sum Orgy (DSO) given his state of being that morning!

Of course, without Peter McCormack, this would not have been possible in the first place. :D
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

BTW, for those who did not attend, here is Peter Levett's response:
incubus2432

Post by incubus2432 »

I'll throw in my "thanks" as well......not only to Jeff and Shari, who did a fantastic job, but to those of you who who travelled to get there. It's always great meeting people in person that you get to "know" over the internet. It was a treat to chat with Steve, Jeff, Graham, Peter, John, etc., etc., etc., (sorry.....I'm horrendous when it comes to putting names to faces to those of you that I've never met or seen pics of) and, of course, it was great to see those of you that I've met before but only get to see at Ric gatherings.

Just a great time......as always.

Sorry I couldn't get more involved in the boozing shenanigans since I had to work bright and early in the morning. I'm also sorry I missed the brunch on Sunday.....things got "hectic" at work and I couldn't get away for lunch.
mrs_brown
Intermediate Member

Post by mrs_brown »

you were missed at Dim Sum but maybe next time. It was great to see you again Brian.. love the green flames.. I am very glad you were able to get Saturday off. What a great time!
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

mrs_brown wrote:you were missed at Dim Sum but maybe next time. It was great to see you again Brian.. love the green flames.. I am very glad you were able to get Saturday off. What a great time!
Yup, we did miss you but we understood. When I left, I expected to see you in the middle of some crime scene! :lol: Anyway, I enjoyed meeting you and seeing that Laredo.
IHeartRics

Post by IHeartRics »

I'd like to add my thanks to Shari and Jeff for all their hard and excellent work. GREAT JOB! I'd also like to thank all of those that attended as this was my first Ric Confluence and I THOROUGHLY enjoyed it. I don't think I got the chance to meet everyone, but all those I did were just great (not that those I didn't aren't! :lol: ). Talking Ric guitars, music, repair and care, and anything else was a blast. And seeing all those beautiful Rics! Seven hours just blew by. Thanks again to all for a wonderful Ric experience. :D
Expect nothing and you'll never be disappointed (and I mean that in an optimistic way).
http://www.reverbnation.com/thelowlies
http://www.myspace.com/thelowlies
wmthor
Veteran RRF member

Post by wmthor »

I want to thank Shari & Jeff for hosting RIO, even though I wasn't able to be there. The pictures and comments of those that were there has put a smile on my face in this otherwise trying time.
'96 1997 LH MG
'98 360 LH MG
'00 360/12 Carl Wilson LH FG
'07 730S Shiloh LH
leftyguitars
Advanced Member

Post by leftyguitars »

mrs_brown wrote: Food just kept coming and coming .. Graham you should have been there..
No need for him to be there Tammy, food (and drink) just kept coming (up) and coming (up) where he was on Sunday morning! :lol:
"If only quilted maple grew on trees!"
http://www.leftyguitars.co.uk
leftyguitars
Advanced Member

Post by leftyguitars »

jps wrote: ( BTW, Peter, Sandy Accepts! :mrgreen: ).
Great stuff (by the way bigamy is legal in Ohio, isn't it?) :D
Last edited by leftyguitars on Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
leftyguitars
Advanced Member

Post by leftyguitars »

rickaddict wrote:I had to get home so that wifey and I could head out to the game, but it took 1.5 hours to get through about 12 minutes worth of road. The "express lanes" were just STOPPED. Trapped in the car and had to pee the whole time too!
You must have a BIG bladder, I couldn't pee for 1½ hours non stop! :shock:
leftyguitars
Advanced Member

Post by leftyguitars »

Firstly let me apologise for Graham getting drunk on Saturday night and showing us British in a bad light. :oops: I don't know what came over him letting the team down like that. We are both usually upright English gentlemen and perfect ambassadors for our country. Thankfully I stayed completely sober and saved the day for our proud nation. :lol:

I'm a bit late on this thread but +1 to what everone else has said already. It was well worth the 8,600 mile round trip from my house to the confluence. Well done Jeff and Shari. :D

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”