The Confluence Side Benefit

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

teeder

The Confluence Side Benefit

Post by teeder »

Beside the obvious benefits like meeting wonderful people that treat you like family, and getting to see awesome instruments that I may never have had an opportunity to otherwise, going to RIO this passed weekend did something else. My wife Yvonne finally "gets it"! She now understands the interest and appeal of these fine instruments. Will there be a Rick guitar for her in the future? Probably not, but there may be more understanding when the next "must have" comes along! :mrgreen:
mrs_brown
Intermediate Member

Re: The Confluence Side Benefit

Post by mrs_brown »

I completely agree without MARF last year I still probably would not "get it".. some say I still don't, but at least now I don't fuss when he wants to get one.. only when he want to get rid of one. I try to look for great deals...and Listening to everyone share information has increased my knowledge.. I won't even pretend that I know very much, but I definetly know more than I ever thought I would. And everyone puts up with me.. which is more than I could have ever expected.. so as a side note.. Thank you all for answering my questions and putting up with my eavesdropping on your conversations... I am only trying to learn a little more.. (I seem to have a teflon sort of brain.. nothing sticks the first time around)! :oops:
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

Tammy, when learning, just remember 3rd time's a charm. :wink: :lol:

Kevin, that's really great, but did she get that it's a self and group-induced psychosis with no cure? :twisted:
teeder

Post by teeder »

I think she's accepted that. :)
rickaddict

Post by rickaddict »

Glad I could be of service, Kevin. I think my Becky understands a little more now since she attended the 75th. Not that she ever got mad at me for buying Ricks, but I did get some looks like this :roll: for maybe the 3rd through the 7th Ricks I bought.

Now she tells me I can have as many as I want. :D

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”