SERF!!! January 2009

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

wints
Veteran RRF member

Re: SERF!!! January 2009

Post by wints »

beatlefreak wrote:Send the rain up to Georgia - We need it.
Be careful what you wish for....
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

rickenbrother wrote:Tony, I can hear you singing, "Who'll Stop The Rain?" :shock:

I hope it stops soon!.
I LOVE THAT SONG! :lol:

Just the thoughts of that song make me smile. The Cosmo's Factory cover wtih my old Kustom amp in the rear corner, the sweet Jangle sound of the guitar, great stuff.

Kris, you are welcome to it! When you come down to SERF, we'll make sure to send it home with you. :mrgreen:

I remember seeing some news clips on the drought up there, amazing. But Andy is right, be careful what you ask for, it has a funny way of coming, but in amounts you DIDN'T REQUEST! :shock:
Attachments
CSMOS.jpg
beatlefreak

Post by beatlefreak »

wints wrote:
beatlefreak wrote:Send the rain up to Georgia - We need it.
Be careful what you wish for....
We've been in a level 4 drought since early spring. Heavy outdoor watering restrictions. Approaching 30" rain deficit for the year. Lake Lanier, a huge lake in north Georgia near my house, is just about at a record low. We need rain - LOTS of it.
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

Hey Everyone!

Just a heads up, plans for SERF are still being ironed out.

The target dates are STILL the weekend of 2/20 or 2/27.

We have some great things in mind, its just that we are trying to keep the costs as low as possible.

I was hoping to try a Disney thing. I thought of the folks that are flying in to FLA might like that idea. I had some quotes from the DISNEY Coronado resort for $169.00 a night (standard rates for most any other hotel in the area were $170.00) and normally book for almost $300.00 a night, but we had to confirm 50 guests or 25 rooms to get the conference room and to meals on the grounds.

The general consensus was to try something else. We had to CONFIRM 50 guests for 3 days and all meals had to be ordered ON DISNEY GROUNDS for a cost of $30.00 per person per day. Just too much to try to track and without a head count, well, you get the idea...

We're still working on the Tampa location, but apparently this week is WINTER RECESS for folks in the North East, so it is another prime week for a Florida vacation. :?

Please keep an eye on this thread, more information will be provided shortly.

Thanks for your patience!
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

+1 to that. Stay tuned, folks, this is definitely coming together quite nicely, and we have some very cool things lined up. We also have a lot of people planning to come already, so this has potential to be one of the best confluences ever. Big thanks to Mr. and Mrs. Tony C. and Wints for putting a LOT of great effort into making this happen for everyone.

I'll go ahead and make a "total instrument count prediction" (totally unofficial and off the top of my head) ..... 85. But who knows? :)
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Looking forward to the details when they SERFace! :mrgreen:
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
dr_bob
RRF Consultant

Post by dr_bob »

Good one Joey :lol: :lol: :lol:

If it were up to me I'd do something in conjunction with or in close proximity to Disney World -- so a Saturday confluence followed by Sunday and Monday at the Park with family.
The world is made of stories not atoms and every guitar has a story.
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Disney is a 60 minute drive away. I'll even rent a van and drive y'all if you want to go. Easy!!!
marc61

Post by marc61 »

Damn....I stayed at a hotel 2 miles from Disney...rates were great, and rooms were suites with like a business area in each room...they had kitchens too....I will post it as soon as I recall.
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Cool, thanks Marc. We'll take all the help we can get. I think the time of year is making the rates high though. Something called winter recess? Never heard of it, myself, but I guess it exists for all you northerners!
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

jdogric12aolcom wrote: Something called winter recess? Never heard of it, myself, but I guess it exists for all you northerners!
You don't have to worry much about saving money on heating costs in the schools of FL, I guess.
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Ah, yes, that makes sense.
marc61

Post by marc61 »

jdogric12aolcom wrote:Cool, thanks Marc. We'll take all the help we can get. I think the time of year is making the rates high though. Something called winter recess? Never heard of it, myself, but I guess it exists for all you northerners!

Yeah Jdog...from Thankgiving through the end of the school year, the kids get a week off for every 6 weeks of school.

Anyway..I think this is the place, or the Caribe Royal which is next door...http://www.buenavistasuites.com/
ajish4
RRF Moderator

Post by ajish4 »

I'll call them today, thanks Marc!

I did a QUICK CHECK, without a group rate, and a AAA discounted room is $123.00!

SWEET!

I have to find out about the conference room.

I'll call them and post results....Jdog, I'll give you a call later on today.
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Cool. I have AAA if that helps. Call my direct line at work Tone man. I am in tax hell this week but should be able to chat.

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”