Found-Power cord for amp or keyboard from SoCalCon

Planning or looking for a Rickenbacker conference? Start here.

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

paologregorio

Found-Power cord for amp or keyboard from SoCalCon

Post by paologregorio »

Hi all,

I've keep forgetting to mention this, but somehow I ended up with an extra amp or keyboard power supply cord after So Cal Con. I found it in my pedal board; someone left it behind after packing up their gear and leaving, and it looks similar to mine, but thicker. Let me know, eh? I'm sure the owner would like it back. The best guess as to the owner is either Hautewerk's keyboard player, or the owner of the red tolex Robyn amplifier. Anyone? :D
paologregorio

Re: Found-Power cord for amp or keyboard from SoCalCon

Post by paologregorio »

Bump: I know somebody lost a power cord at So Cal Con; anyone? Let me know so I can get it back to you. :D
johnhall
RIC

Post by johnhall »

If this is one of those typical IEC cords like most everything uses these days, it's probably feral. I put these in a cabinet when they come in with monitors and computer, etc.; invariably when I open the cabinet later there are more of them. Now I've started throwing them away so that cabinet doesn't burst.
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

johnhall wrote:If this is one of those typical IEC cords like most everything uses these days, it's probably feral. I put these in a cabinet when they come in with monitors and computer, etc.; invariably when I open the cabinet later there are more of them. Now I've started throwing them away so that cabinet doesn't burst.
It is an IEC cord. They must breed in the dark when the cabinet's shut...or the pedal board in my situation; when I put my gear away at the confluence, I thought I had two-the main one I use, and a back up. When I opened the case at rehearsal, there were three of them, with the new one of visibly thicker gauge, which lead me to believe that it was for a guitar amp.
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

johnhall wrote:If this is one of those typical IEC cords like most everything uses these days, it's probably feral. I put these in a cabinet when they come in with monitors and computer, etc.; invariably when I open the cabinet later there are more of them. Now I've started throwing them away so that cabinet doesn't burst.
Hahaha! We have extras by the hundreds here at the station. I do believe they breed.

http://www.soldcentralfl.com/flyingpeng ... wrcord.htm
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

:twisted: :lol: 8)
kennyhowes
Veteran RRF member

Post by kennyhowes »

The first thing I ever had with one was a Rhoads piano, back in the 80s. Seemed like a rare thing then.
beatlefreak

Post by beatlefreak »

Fender Rhoads are fairly rare.
:wink:
blueflamerick
Advanced Member

Post by blueflamerick »

Well, it's not from the Robin amp.
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

Not to hijack your thread, Paul, but I wound up with someone else's guitar stand ... if you are missing one, PM me.
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

doctorwho wrote:Not to hijack your thread, Paul, but I wound up with someone else's guitar stand ... if you are missing one, PM me.
No worries, but, how could you distinguish it among all of those multiple boxes full of guitar stands?! :D
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

paologregorio wrote:... how could you distinguish it among all of those multiple boxes full of guitar stands?! :D
Actually, not easily at first glance, but when I started putting them away, I noticed that it is a different brand from the On Stage stands that I bought.
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca

Return to “Rickenbacker Conferences and Confluences”